Technical Architect, JAVA, Cloud Assurance , Dublin Ireland
Technical Architect, CAPS
We are looking for an experienced Architect to join our Cloud Assurance Production Services (CAPS) team in Dublin, Ireland.
Guidewire exists to deliver the industry platform that P&C insurers rely upon to adapt and succeed in a time of accelerating change — and to ensure that every customer succeeds in the journey. We provide the software, services, and partner ecosystem to enable our customers to run, differentiate, and grow their business.
Guidewire InsurancePlatform is the P&C industry platform that unifies software, services, and partner ecosystem to power our customers’ business. InsurancePlatform provides the standard upon which insurers can engage their customers, optimize their operations, drive smart decisions, and innovate quickly. We are privileged to serve more than 350 P&C insurers in 32 countries. We invest heavily in R&D to build a technology platform that combines three elements—core processing, data and analytics, and digital engagement—to enhance insurers’ ability to engage and empower their customers and employees.
The CAPS team work with Guidewire Cloud customers in two ways. Customers may engage us after deployment to support changes to their production system, including new feature development and defect resolution. When that is not the case, we work with external production services teams to carry out technical assessments on the work completed by these teams to ensure alignment with Guidewire cloud standards and best practices.
As an Architect with the CAPS team, you will be responsible to provide technical leadership and guidance in both aspects of how we work with our customers. This will involve leading the development activities of a CAPS production services team to deliver new features and resolve production defects. In addition, as your Guidewire experience grows, you will provide guidance to external production services team through advocacy of Guidewire Cloud best practices and standards.
Given the dynamic nature of the work the CAPS team do, we are looking for decisive, highly-skilled technical problem solvers who enjoy leading and mentoring team members. We particularly value clear and logical thinking, good communication skills, a focus on quality, and the ability to work well as part of a global and local team.
If this sounds interesting and exciting to you, and you would like to be part of a new, growing, global team of technical consultants working at the forefront of Guidewires cloud transformation, then we would love to speak with you.
- Leading CAPS production services teams to meet fast cadence delivery deadlines for release of new product features and defect fixes.
- Advocating for the adoption of Guidewire cloud standards and best practices with external production services teams through our Cloud Assurance program.
- Participate, and over time lead, internal initiatives to develop internal tooling and best practices to improve efficiencies with how we support our customers.
- Provide mentoring and technical guidance to fellow CAPS team members, focusing on knowledge sharing and technical training opportunities to drive for continuous growth and improvement of the overall team.
- Learn and master Guidewire's Suite of products to mentor team members and guide our customers. Your first 10 weeks at Guidewire will involve training to become a certified subject matter expert.
- We are firm believers in Guidewires core principles of integrity, rationality, and collegiality. Practicing and advocating for these principles is an important part of how we work.
- Ability to work in Dublin, Ireland with the potential for occasional travel internationally, specifically to our customers and to internal team events.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or equivalent from higher education institution
- Advanced exposure to broad technical skills such as Object Oriented programming (JAVA , C#, or similar), relational databases (data modeling/SQL), web UI (design and development), XML, application architecture
- Ability to work independently and within a team, providing mentoring support to other team members
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated problem-solving and escalation-management skills
- 4+ years of work experience working in a technical development environment as a lead or senior team member
- Software development lifecycle exposure (AGILE) preferred
- Experience using a software development tool like JIRA or Rally
- Experience with version control systems like Git.
- Ability to prioritize work effort based on a dynamic work environment
- Experience working with leading cloud platform Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS) providers such as AWS or Microsoft Azure
- Basic understanding of data-warehousing (DW) and BI Design best practices and techniques
- Basic understanding of relational database theory and related project experience (i.e. data modeling, normalization, OLAP theory, etc.)
Who are we?
Guidewire is a leading provider of core systems that span the insurance lifecycle – underwriting, policy administration, billing, and claims management. Guidewire delivers the software that property and casualty (P/C) insurers need to adapt and succeed in a time of rapid industry change — and to ensure that every customer succeeds in their journey.
Guidewire was honored with a Glassdoor Employees’ Choice Award as One of the Best Places to Work in 2019. Guidewire is a mid-sized company, headquartered in San Mateo, CA, with offices around the world. For more information, visit www.guidewire.com.
Guidewire Software Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. All offers are contingent upon passing a criminal history and other background checks where it’s applicable to the position.