Senior F5 Engineer
GuidePoint Security has an immediate opening for a Sr F5 Engineer. The candidate must have F5 Operations and Engineering experience with multiple F5 solutions in an enterprise environment. Must have experience in data networking, working with application development and security teams and communicating effectively with various departments and technical skill sets within an organization. A strong awareness of web and application Security and data traffic flow control is required. We provide mission-focused, end-to-end systems engineering and analytic expertise to enhance operationally deployed systems, guide the acquisition of complex systems under development, and architect systems and technologies of the future. We provide solutions that respond efficiently and effectively to customer requirements by providing our systems engineering disciplines. This approach yields outstanding program execution, which translates directly into mission success.
- Hands on knowledge of TCP/IP and UNIX/LINUX variants.
- Demonstrated experience and knowledge of network devices (routers, switches, etc.) including such topics as HTTP headers, ISO layers, and TCP flags.
- Ability to read packet captures for troubleshooting of data traffic flow.
- Knowledge of DNS configurations for both the Internet and Microsoft Active Directory.
- Fundamental knowledge of encryption to include HTTPS in a reverse and forward proxy environment.
- 3+ years Network Engineering experience in an enterprise environment.
- Familiar with F5 Architecture and comfortable with creating and managing multiple Route Domains and/or Partitions.
- Experience working hands on with F5 Viprion and various F5 BigIP Appliances.
- At least 3+ years’ experience with designing and administering F5 Local Traffic Manager including CLI commands.
- At least 3+ years’ experience with designing and implementing redundant DNS with F5 Global Traffic Manager for a multiple active Data Center environment.
- Experience in creating and administering F5 iRules.
- At least 3+ years’ experience creating, implementing and administering F5 Application Security Manager rules with LTM Virtual Servers.
- Experience implementing and supporting F5 Access Policy Manager and client authentication for both Active Directory and Identity Federation such as SAML.
- Experience implementing and administering F5 Secure Web Gateway.
- Experience planning and implementing enterprise monitoring and configuring tools for the F5 platforms such BIG-IQ.
- Excellent troubleshooting skills and ability to identify root causes of issues and provide solutions.
- Strong interpersonal and presentation skills, both oral and written, with the ability to articulate and educate others about complex technology with business acumen.
- F5 Certified Administrator required.
- F5 Certified Technical Specialist level desirable.
- Security and Network Certifications desirable such as: CISSP, CHFI, CEH, CCNP, CCNA, GWASP
GuidePoint Security is a rapidly growing, profitable, privately-held value added reseller that focuses exclusively on Information Security. Since its inception in 2011, GuidePoint has grown to over 350 employees, established strategic partnerships with leading security vendors, and serves as a trusted advisor to more than 1,000 clients.
Firmly-defined core values drive all aspects of the business, which have been paramount to the company’s success and establishment of an enjoyable workplace atmosphere. At GuidePoint, your colleagues are knowledgeable, skilled, and experienced and will seek to collaborate and provide mentorship and guidance at every opportunity. This is a unique and rare opportunity to grow your career along with the one of the fastest growing companies in the nation.
Some added perks….
- MacBook Air or Pro
- Healthy mobile phone and home internet allowance
- 100% employer-paid medical and dental with generous employer family contributions
- Eligibility for retirement plan after 2 months at open enrollment
Equal Opportunity Employer
GuidePoint Security, LLC is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability status, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.