Senior Application Security Consultant
GuidePoint Security offers an inclusive set of Application Security services including: Dynamic Application Security testing, Static Code Analysis, Mobile Application Security Assessment, Threat Modeling, Security Architecture Reviews, Software Security Assurance Program Development, Secure Development Training, and Secure SDLC Implementation.
As a Principal Application Security Consultant, you are one of the technical subject-matter experts of the team. You will use your experience to shape and improve practice offerings, as well as provide support for junior team members. You will spend your time focusing on challenging projects and solving complex problems. Your experience, adaptability, and creativity will be used to identify the security issues that others often miss. This is a remote work from home position.
The offerings provided by GuidePoint Security’s Application Security team are consistently evolving with the security industry and risks that modern environments face. As a member of the practice leadership team, you will flex both your technical skills and creativity in order to face these challenges head on and best arm the practice for success in the years to come.
Minimum Education & Experience
- Minimum of 5 yrs of experience in application security or related roles
- Minimum of 2 yrs of experience in a consulting services role, or related internal information security positions
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant discipline or equivalent experience
- In-depth knowledge of testing methodologies and when to creatively deviate from structured processes
- Deep understanding of a broad range of application security issues as well as their mitigation strategies
- Understanding of complex vulnerabilities including cryptographic implementations and protection mechanism bypasses
- Proficiency in Information Security tools and an ability to write code to solve problems during testing
- Understanding of reverse engineering concepts as well as tools involved such as debuggers, disassemblers, and operating system monitoring utilities
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
- Ability to kickoff and conduct research projects is strongly preferred
- Written communication skills for use in preparing formal deliverables, Statements of Work, proposals, white papers, and case studies
- Verbal communication skills that include the ability to clearly articulate thoughts and distill complex problems into digestible information to be consumed by anyone from technical resources to the highest level of management
- Understanding and working knowledge of Application Threat Modeling and Architecture Review is strongly preferred
- Personal drive and passion to not only continue growing yourself but also the Application Security practice
- Standard industry certifications are preferred
- Conference speaking experience is strongly preferred
GuidePoint Security is a rapidly growing, profitable, privately-held value added reseller that focuses exclusively on Information Security. Since its inception in 2011, GuidePoint has grown to over 350 employees, established strategic partnerships with leading security vendors, and serves as a trusted advisor to more than 1,000 clients.
Firmly-defined core values drive all aspects of the business, which have been paramount to the company’s success and establishment of an enjoyable workplace atmosphere. At GuidePoint, your colleagues are knowledgeable, skilled, and experienced, and will seek to collaborate, provide mentorship, and guidance at every opportunity.
This is a unique and rare opportunity to grow your career along with the one of the fastest growing companies in the nation.
Some added perks…
- MacBook Air or Pro
- Healthy mobile phone and home internet allowance
- 100% employer-paid medical and dental with generous employer family contributions
- Eligibility for retirement plan after 2 months at open enrollment
- Work remotely/virtual from your home office, if not required to be on client site
Equal Opportunity Employer
GuidePoint Security, LLC is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability status, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.