SIEM Security Engineers fuel solutions to ensure enterprise security deployments make the deepest impact possible across an organization. They solve organizations’ most challenging problems, including the ones they didn't know existed. They are self-motivated, have an insatiable thirst to learn new technologies and thrive in a fast paced environment. Lastly, they feel comfortable mastering new technologies and come from a variety of business, analytic and technology backgrounds. This position will initially be limited to an onsite consulting engagement in Tyson's Corner, VA for 6+ months, but will then require approximately 25% travel in the US, with most of the engagements being within the National Capital Region.
Role and Responsibilities:
- Drive complex security focused deployments of various SIEMs, while working side by side with the customers to solve their unique problems across a variety of use cases
- Work with our customers to understand their security posture and requirements
- Support our security deployments by unlocking the potential of various SIEMs to assist our customers in achieving their Cyber Security strategy
- Collaborate across the entire organization to bring access to product and technical teams to get the right solution delivered and drive innovation gathered from customer input
- Leverage previous experiences, share best practices and create innovative solutions to push user adoption and maximize the value of various SIEMs
- Enable customers to solve the next wave of questions on their own
- Ability to learn new products on the fly
- 3-5 years of hands on experience with security monitoring tools such as IDP/IDS, FW and AV (Cisco IDS, Snort, Bro, Palo Alto, Checkpoint, Cisco ASA, McAfee, Symantec)
- 1-3 years of SIEM experience
- Experience in the use of network monitoring tools with a strong understanding of network protocols
- Ability to perform security analysis, development and implementation of security policies, standards and guidelines
- Ability to quickly explore, examine and understand complex security problems and how it affects a customer’s business
- Experience with both the Unix and Windows operating systems; the command line interface is your second home
- 2+ years experience with scripting languages (bash), application development (Java, Perl, Python, .NET), databases and analytical tools
- Ability to listen and collaborate with audiences ranging from IT administrators to executive level stakeholders to help deliver solutions
- Self-motivated and self-educating, yet willing and able to work collaboratively with both customers and fellow Federal SIEM / Splunk Engineers
- Well organized with a healthy sense of urgency, able to set; communicate; and meet aggressive deadlines with competing priorities
- Experience with security and operational related use cases is desired
- SIEM certification(s) are highly desired
- The ability to travel regionally up to 50%
GuidePoint Security is a rapidly growing, profitable, privately-held value added reseller that focuses exclusively on Information Security. Since its inception in 2011, GuidePoint has grown to over 250 employees, established strategic partnerships with leading security vendors, and serves as a trusted advisor to more than 1,000 clients.
Firmly-defined core values drive all aspects of the business, which have been paramount to the company’s success and establishment of an enjoyable workplace atmosphere. At GuidePoint, your colleagues are knowledgeable, skilled, and experienced and will seek to collaborate and provide mentorship and guidance at every opportunity.
This is a unique and rare opportunity to grow your career along with the one of the fastest growing companies in the nation.
Some added perks….
- MacBook Air or Pro
- Healthy mobile phone and home internet allowance
- 100% employer-paid medical and dental with generous employer family contributions
- Eligibility for retirement plan after 2 months at open enrollment
Equal Opportunity Employer
GuidePoint Security, LLC is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability status, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.