Cyber Security Engineer
GuidePoint Security provides trusted cybersecurity expertise, solutions and services that help organizations make better decisions and minimize risk. By taking a three-tiered, holistic approach for evaluating security posture and ecosystems, GuidePoint enables some of the nation’s top organizations, such as Fortune 500 companies and U.S. government agencies, to identify threats, optimize resources and integrate best-fit solutions that mitigate risk.
GuidePoint Security seeks a Cyber Security Engineer supporting designing, documenting, testing, and deploying cyber defense systems. We provide mission-focused, end-to-end systems engineering and analytic expertise to enhance operationally deployed systems, guide the acquisition of complex systems under development, and architect systems and technologies of the future. We provide solutions that respond efficiently and effectively to customer requirements by providing our systems engineering disciplines. This approach yields outstanding program execution, which translates directly into mission success.
Role and Responsibilities:
- Research, analyze, document and brief written products outlining new and emerging Cyber Defense technologies.
- Produce and disseminate build of Materials, cost analysis, and procurement recommendations of Cyber Defense technologies.
- Operate independently to deliver Cyber Defense Solutions that meet customer requirements.
- Execute pilot(s) and demonstrations of new, existing, or emerging Cyber Defense Technologies.
- Provide Tier-3 operation and maintenance of Windows and Linux Operating Systems, as well as Cyber Defense systems such as, Fire-Eye, Fidelis, Gigamon, Suricata, and others.
- Planning and directing upgrades and system enhancements.
- Developing and implementing testing strategies and documenting results.
- Developing documentation on new or existing systems.
- Providing system/equipment/specialized training and technical guidance • Serving as liaison with clients, participating in meetings to ensure client needs are met.
- Providing guidance and work leadership to less-experienced staff.
- Communicating with customers and teammates clearly and concisely.
- Maintaining current knowledge of relevant technology as assigned and may have supervisory responsibilities.
- Participating in special projects as required.
- TS/SCI with CI Poly
- Bachelor with 8 years experience
- DoD 8570 IAT II or IASAE certification
- Strong troubleshooting skills with the ability to be dynamic and adapt in order to solve complex technical issues with customers and partners
- Strong customer service ability and interpersonal skills
- Consistently model high levels of teamwork and professionalism
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
GuidePoint Security is a rapidly growing, profitable, privately-held value added reseller that focuses exclusively on Information Security. Since its inception in 2011, GuidePoint has grown to over 300 employees, established strategic partnerships with leading security vendors, and serves as a trusted advisor to more than 1,000 clients.
Firmly-defined core values drive all aspects of the business, which have been paramount to the company’s success and establishment of an enjoyable workplace atmosphere. At GuidePoint, your colleagues are knowledgeable, skilled, and experienced and will seek to collaborate and provide mentorship and guidance at every opportunity. This is a unique and rare opportunity to grow your career along with one of the fastest growing companies in the nation.
Some added perks….
- MacBook Air or Pro
- Healthy mobile phone and home internet allowance
- 100% employer-paid medical and dental with generous employer family contributions
- Eligibility for retirement plan after 2 months at open enrollment
Equal Opportunity Employer
GuidePoint Security, LLC is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability status, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.