Security Network Engineer - Gigamon
GuidePoint Security has an immediate need for an Network Security Engineer with a focus on Gigamon appliance technology. They will design, implement and support security infrastructure projects related to Gigamon appliance. Work to collect requirements from the diverse customer base, perform the appropriate analysis, develop the strategic roadmap, and all associated documentation. Multi-tasker who is able to work effectively on a team, as well as independently, with minimal supervision. We provide mission-focused, end-to-end systems engineering and analytic expertise to enhance operationally deployed systems, guide the acquisition of complex systems under development, and architect systems and technologies of the future. We provide solutions that respond efficiently and effectively to customer requirements by providing our systems engineering disciplines. This approach yields outstanding program execution, which translates directly into mission success.
Role and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for implementation/deployment/support of Gigamon appliances
- Responsible for developing and maintaining standard processes and operating procedures, creating technical architecture diagrams and system build documentation.
- Organize and coordinate multiple projects
- Multi-tasker who is able to work effectively on a team, as well as independently, with minimal supervision
- Bachelor's Degree from an accredited college or university in Network Engineering, Telecommunications, or Computer Science required, equivalent years of experience will be considered in lieu of degree
- At least five (5) years’ experience working in the IT industry required
- Adept at Network Security Concepts and Technologies
- Knowledge of the Gigamon appliance
- Gigamon certifications
- Excellent Troubleshooting and Problem-Solving Skills
- Solid understanding of networking technologies and protocols (IP, TCP, UDP, VLANS, OSPF, BGP, DNS)
- Experience Configuring Network Infrastructure Hardware (Switches, Routers, Load Balancers)
- Experience Deploying and Configuring Network Security Appliances (Firewalls, IPS’s, Application Layer Gateways)
- DOD 8570 compliant certification required
- Scripting skills (BASH, Python, Powershell) a plus
- Organizational Skills (ability to organize large amounts of data in a logical manner)
- Strong communication skills are required
- Excellent documentation skills are required
- Ability to convey technical concepts to non-technical executives and managers
- Availability during off-work hours and/or extended hours when outages or projects required
- Active TS/SCI Clearance
GuidePoint Security is a rapidly growing, profitable, privately-held value added reseller that focuses exclusively on Information Security. Since its inception in 2011, GuidePoint has grown to over 350 employees, established strategic partnerships with leading security vendors, and serves as a trusted advisor to more than 1,000 clients.
Firmly-defined core values drive all aspects of the business, which have been paramount to the company’s success and establishment of an enjoyable workplace atmosphere. At GuidePoint, your colleagues are knowledgeable, skilled, and experienced and will seek to collaborate and provide mentorship and guidance at every opportunity. This is a unique and rare opportunity to grow your career along with the one of the fastest growing companies in the nation.
Some added perks….
- MacBook Air or Pro
- Healthy mobile phone and home internet allowance
- 100% employer-paid medical and dental with generous employer family contributions
- Eligibility for retirement plan after 2 months at open enrollment
Equal Opportunity Employer
GuidePoint Security, LLC is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability status, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.