Greenberg Traurig, a global law firm, currently has an excellent full-time employment opportunity in the IP-Prosecution Department of our Boston office. We offer competitive compensation and an excellent benefits package.
Practice Summary: GT’s IP and Technology Practice provides strategic counsel for clients requiring in-depth understanding of both specialized technology and the complex dynamics of worldwide distribution. Our experience encompasses an array of industries and technologies – from biotechnology, business methods, electronics and e-commerce to consumer products, fashion and apparel, media and entertainment. In addition, many of our attorneys gained firsthand experience in a range of technical disciplines – both in academia and industry – prior to entering the legal field.
Position Summary: The IP Clerk should be attentive, detail oriented and self-motivated individual to assist our IP Department. Work hours are Monday through Friday 9:00 am – 5:00 pm. Candidate should also be flexible to work overtime as needed.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Draft Information Disclosure Statements (IDS) for filing at patent office
- Manage patent docket
- Prepare legal forms as needed
- Maintain and organize client files and electronic databases
- Monitor the status of client files and tasks
Skills & Competencies
- Must have excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Must have ability to work effectively in a team environment
- Must have strong organizational skills
- Must have strong attention to detail
- Must have the ability to work on multiple projects
- Must have ability to problem solve, independently and with a group
- Must have ability and willingness to proactively seek out additional projects and tasks
- Must be able to lift a minimum of 30 lbs., use step ladders, push carts and retrieve/replace
- objects from shelving units (from floor level to 6 feet high).
Qualifications & Prior Experience
- Computer proficiency, including MS Office applications Outlook/Word/Excel, Adobe Acrobat
- Experience with electronic document management systems. Filesite experience a plus.
At Greenberg Traurig, we are committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. It has been, and continues to be our goal, to foster a well-balanced workforce that contains a significant presence of minorities and women.
Currently not accepting Agency referrals - Thank you.