gTANGIBLE Corporation (gTC), www.gtangible.com, is a C corporation and a registered Government contractor that provides services and solutions in:
- National Security Programs
- Professional, Administrative, and Management Support
- Mission and Warfighter Support
We are a Service-Disabled Veteran Owned Small Business (SDVOSB) and the founder has years of successful experience in the Government contracting arena. Our leadership team is an exceptional group of Government contracting professionals. gTANGIBLE is in the process of identifying candidates for the following position.
Requisition Type: Full Time
Position Status: Contingent
Position Title: Telecommunication Technician
Location: Newport, RI
Security Clearance Level: Top Secret
Duties and Responsibilities
Provide Information Technology support to the Navy War College Information Recourse Department. Duties include the following:
- Installs and maintains voice and data cabling, fiber optic cabling, rack and patch panels, and wireless access points for classified and unclassified networks for data and voice communications.
- Installs, tests, troubleshoots, programs, maintains, and repairs digital switching equipment, attendant consoles, power and ringing relay racks, miscellaneous telephone, radio, fire alarms, intrusion alarms, and computer data circuits and related apparatus required in the Naval War College.
- Analyzes system failures and other unusual system occurrences to isolate the source of the problem and determine whether the failure is caused by software, hardware, or other factors.
- Maintain computerized database records of phone extensions and equipment, including billing detail, traffic analysis records.
- Prepares work prints and schematics to define and illustrate network drops and overall design.
- Travel may be required to locations within the United States including Washington DC, Monterey, California, and other locations.
Knowledge and Qualifications
- Minimum of three years’ experience in network and communications design and maintenance.
- Must be able to follow directions and diagrams and have experience with Category 3/5/5e/6 cabling, fiber optic cabling and termination, voice cabling and testing and certification tools.
gTANGIBLE Corporation is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant because of race, age, sex, color, physical or mental disability, religion, sexual orientation, marital status, national origin, or political affiliation.