Service Desk Technician
gTANGIBLE Corporation (gTC), www.gtangible.com, is a C corporation and a registered Government contractor that provides services and solutions in:
- National Security Programs
- Professional, Administrative, and Management Support
- Mission and Warfighter Support
We are a Service Disabled Veteran Owned Small Business (SDVOSB) and the founder has years of successful experience in the Government contracting arena. Our leadership team is an exceptional group of Government contracting professionals. gTANGIBLE is in the process of identifying candidates for the following position.
Requisition Type: Full Time
Position Status: Contingent
Position Title: Service Desk Technician
Location: Newport, RI
Security Clearance Level: Secret
Duties and Responsibilities
Provide Information Technology support to the Navy War College Information Recourse Department. Duties include the following:
- Provide day-to-day Tier I support to the customers of the Naval War College to include telephonic and in-person assistance for a wide range of IT incidents.
- Opens, transfers, and closes incident tickets to the standards of the department within a timely fashion.
- Provide first class information technology service and support resources by promoting a positive image of the service support branch, delivering results, and providing management with key performance indicators.
- Acts as a knowledge expert and functional area support team member to understand customer needs and business processes to provide better service and specialized support.
- Travel may be required to locations within the United States including Washington DC, Monterey, California, and other locations.
Knowledge and Qualifications
- Two years’ experience in the support of a large customer base for day-to-day Information Technology operations. May substitute experience for education on a year-for-year basis if applicable.
- Operating environment certification and security platform certification relevant to position.
- Possess an extensive knowledge of operating systems, application software, network infrastructure, network protocols, and be familiar with best practices as defined by Information Technology Infrastructure Library (ITIL) standards.
- Experienced in use of automated tools to track problem resolution and to perform trend analysis to identify issues which affect network and system architectures. Setup, configure, maintain and operate service monitoring databases, and be able to extrapolate trend data in order to provide situational awareness to leadership on trends and emerging problems.
- Demonstrated knowledge in the methods and practices for troubleshooting, recovering, adjusting, modifying and improving IT systems.
- Possess good oral and written communications skills in order to write user functional documentation, business rules documentation, standard operating procedures, and other user and policy documentation.
- Possess a working knowledge and application of Information Security (IS) and security operational characteristics for a variety of computer platforms, networks, software applications, and Oss.
- Demonstrated knowledge of operating systems, application software, network infrastructure, network protocols, and be familiar with best practices as defined by Information Technology Infrastructure Library (ITIL) standards.
- Able to lift PCs, printers, and other hardware devices when required.
- Must have experience with Windows networks, VDI architecture, IOS, and be able to communicate effectively within an educational environment to customers and peers within the department.
gTANGIBLE Corporation is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant because of race, age, sex, color, physical or mental disability, religion, sexual orientation, marital status, national origin, or political affiliation.