Media Services Technician
gTANGIBLE Corporation (gTC), www.gtangible.com, is a C corporation and a registered Government contractor that provides services and solutions in:
- National Security Programs
- Professional, Administrative, and Management Support
- Mission and Warfighter Support
We are a Service-Disabled Veteran Owned Small Business (SDVOSB) and the founder has years of successful experience in the Government contracting arena. Our leadership team is an exceptional group of Government contracting professionals. gTANGIBLE is in the process of identifying candidates for the following position.
Requisition Type: Full Time
Position Status: Contingent
Position Title: Media Services Technician
Location: Newport, RI
Security Clearance Level: Secret
Duties and Responsibilities
Provide Information Technology support to the Navy War College Information Recourse Department. Duties include the following:
- Provide technical assistance and guidance to lecturers on how to best apply capabilities of the computer and audiovisual systems.
- Provide support to academic programs as a television camera operator, audio technician, lighting technician, and as a video technician and producer.
- Provide videotaping and audio taping services as well as duplication services and reformatting of media.
- Install, operate and maintain video and audio equipment including LCD projectors, a CCTV system, satellite up-linking and down-linking, two large scale public address systems, two portable PA systems and multiple formats in digital and analog audio and video recording.
- Travel may be required to locations within the United States including Washington DC, Monterey, California, and other locations.
Knowledge and Qualifications
- Comprehensive knowledge of computer hardware and Microsoft operating systems.
- Comprehensive knowledge of computer software including Microsoft PowerPoint, Excel, Word and other Microsoft Office programs, Adobe, Roland Cakewalk and Sonar, Sonic, and Nero and other digital recording, editing and duplication software.
- Comprehensive knowledge of computer peripherals and interfaces as they apply to visual presentations and digital video and audio recording and production.
- Comprehensive knowledge of audio, video, VTC, lighting, mixing and recording consoles and equipment and their capabilities and limitations, and standard and potential applications.
- Knowledge of and experience in operation and maintenance procedures to ensure that audiovisual equipment is calibrated, adjusted, operated and maintained at peak condition under various settings and circumstances.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, as the incumbent is required to interact with senior military and civilian personnel from DoD and numerous federal agencies and distinguished civilian guest speakers, and to advise faculty and students on all audiovisual matters.
- Knowledge of appropriate security regulations to ensure that security policies and procedures are met.
- Knowledge of training techniques to train new NWC audiovisual personnel and personnel from other organizations who will be using NWC audiovisual equipment.
- Knowledge of electronics and electricity to perform safely all aspects of required work and to perform emergency repairs to equipment.
- Knowledge of handling, storing, duplication, reproduction and editing procedures for audio and video media.
- Knowledge of procedures for obtaining and completing appropriate federal procurement documents for purchase or repair of equipment and supplies.
gTANGIBLE Corporation is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant because of race, age, sex, color, physical or mental disability, religion, sexual orientation, marital status, national origin, or political affiliation.