Instructional Systems Specialist
gTANGIBLE Corporation (gTC), www.gtangible.com, is a C corporation and a registered Government contractor that provides services and solutions in:
- National Security Programs
- Professional, Administrative, and Management Support
- Mission and Warfighter Support
We are a Service-Disabled Veteran Owned Small Business (SDVOSB) and the founder has years of successful experience in the Government contracting arena. Our leadership team is an exceptional group of Government contracting professionals. gTANGIBLE is in the process of identifying candidates for the following position.
Requisition Type: Full Time
Position Status: Contingent
Position Title: Instructional Systems Specialist
Location: Newport, RI
Security Clearance Level: Secret
Duties and Responsibilities
Provide Information Technology support to the Navy War College Information Recourse Department. Duties include the following:
- Works collaboratively with faculty and instructional designers within the Naval War College – College of Distance Education, utilizing state-of-the-art technology and effective pedagogy to produce engaging online courses.
- Provide curriculum design, development and launch support for all electronically delivered classes.
- Provide technical assistance and resources for faculty in using/maximizing electronic platforms in use for online courses.
- Convert hard copy instructional materials (Word, PowerPoint, images, video, audio, etc.) to effective electronic format appropriate to enhance student learning.
- Create, alter and maintain web sites used with respect to CDE programs.
- Participate in course-related meetings providing input on capabilities and limitations of systems.
- Identify and apply new resources to support on-line course development.
- Maintain current knowledge of web based teaching technology to enhance the online learning processes and makes recommendations for purchase, enhancement of current technology.
- Provide technical support to education faculty and off campus students to problem-solve technical issues as needed.
- Travel may be required to locations within the United States including Washington DC, Monterey, California, and other locations.
Knowledge and Qualifications
- BA/BS in technology related fields, plus two years of relevant experience associated with distance education software, or a combination of education and experience from which comparable knowledge and skills are acquired.
- Extensive experience with digital audio and video production as well as graphic design using industry-standard technology such as Final Cut Pro, Photoshop, Illustrator, etc.
- Extensive knowledge of HTML, Dreamweaver, and Adobe Flash.
- Familiarity with instructional authoring software (Captivate, Camtasia, Articulate) a plus.
- Understands the learning methods and needs of the adult learner.
- Ability to manage and prioritize tasks.
- Ability to work interdependently, independently with minimum supervision.
- Ability to work collaboratively within an academic community.
- Software platform certification and Security + certification.
gTANGIBLE Corporation is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant because of race, age, sex, color, physical or mental disability, religion, sexual orientation, marital status, national origin, or political affiliation.