Safety and Security Training Specialist
gTANGIBLE Corporation (gTC), www.gtangible.com, is a C corporation and a registered Government contractor that provides services and solutions in:
- National Security Programs
- Professional, Administrative, and Management Support
- Mission and Warfighter Support
We are a Service-Disabled Veteran Owned Small Business (SDVOSB) and the founder has years of successful experience in the Government contracting arena. Our leadership team is an exceptional group of Government contracting professionals. gTANGIBLE is in the process of identifying candidates for the following position.
Requisition Type: Full Time
Position Status: Contingent
Position Title: Safety and Security Training Specialist
Location: National Capital Region (Washington DC, Springfield, VA)
Security Clearance Level: Secret clearance with the ability to obtain Top Secret clearance
Description and Qualifications:
The Safety and Security Training Specialist must have an extensive background in personal security training delivery, curriculum development, and planning and is responsible for conducting academic, laboratory, demonstration-performance, and operational training in accordance with the prescribed syllabus and other Course of Instruction documents (COI) in support of USAID security training programs. Training programs will be conducted in coordination with the Personnel Recovery (PR) Program Coordinator, PR Senior Training Specialist, and USAID PR Security Specialist.
The Safety and Security Training Specialist must have a minimum of three years of experience in instruction delivery and two years of specialized experience in developing and providing training to civilian employees, and must possess and demonstrate at the professional level the below skill sets:
- Verbal and written communication skills: Must be capable of articulating thoughts, ideas, and opposing points of view through all forms of communication with both internal and external government agencies. Must be proficient in crafting all types of correspondence to reach their target audience with clarity and comprehension to include the senior management level. Must be skillful in giving briefs, guidance, and assistance on all personnel recovery issues, policies, procedures, and methodologies to a diverse audience.
- Training Skills: Must demonstrate the ability to effectively teach through a prescribed syllabus on personnel recovery to a diverse audience. Possess the necessary skills to develop training aids, prepare course materials, and conduct practical application assessments. Know how to measure enabling learning objectives through testing and critiques.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Conducts training during mobile training team events, in CONUS and OCONUS environment, in support of USAID Mission specific Personnel Recovery Programs
- Assist in developing training objectives in accordance USAID SEC/ISP/CETS/PR requirements
- Assists in developing COI documents, training aids, and lesson plans
- Creates individual lesson plans in support of COI and USAID Mission specific requirements
- Produces required training reports in support of training deliverables
- Must have extensive experience communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills with experience in public speaking, group facilitation, and/or program delivery
- Ability to relate and adapt to the needs of a wide variety of audiences
- Experience in, and familiarity with life overseas or in a different culture
- Knowledgebase of current events, issues, and trends related to sexual assault and violence prevention
- Ability to maintain professionalism, confidentiality, and sensitivity to various issues
- Time management and organizational skills
- Base knowledge in safety and security principles
- Experience working as a victim’s advocate or responding to victims of sexual violence
- Must be able to physically stand, kneel, and bend for long periods of time and have the ability to climb ladders with dexterity in both hands
- Must be able to lift a 50-pound item to waist height and must be able to lift a 30-pound item over the head
- Must have 20/20 vision with corrective lenses if necessary
- Must have acceptable color vision and have acceptable depth perception
- Must be physically able to travel to and operate in potentially dangerous, overseas environments
- Must be physically able to walk distances up to five miles in a variety of adverse environments while carrying a 30-pound backpack
- Must have the ability to hear normal conversation, alarms, and warning signals with corrective devices if necessary
gTANGIBLE Corporation is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant because of race, age, sex, color, physical or mental disability, religion, sexual orientation, marital status, national origin, or political affiliation.