Logistics Clerk II
gTANGIBLE Corporation (gTC), www.gtangible.com, is a C corporation and a registered Government contractor that provides services and solutions in:
- National Security Programs
- Professional, Administrative, and Management Support
- Mission and Warfighter Support
We are a Service-Disabled Veteran Owned Small Business (SDVOSB) and the founder has years of successful experience in the Government contracting arena. Our leadership team is an exceptional group of Government contracting professionals. gTANGIBLE is in the process of identifying candidates for the following position.
Requisition Type: Full Time
Position Status: Contingent
Position Title: Logistics Clerk II
Location: National Capital Region (Washington DC, Springfield, VA)
Security Clearance Level: Secret clearance with the ability to obtain Top Secret clearance
Description and Qualifications:
The Logistics Clerk II must have a broad background in standard logistics procedures and administration, tool inventory, calibration procedures, and shipping procedures, as well as a varied knowledge of inventory control database systems for the accountability of controlled items.
The Logistics Clerk II must have a minimum of four years logistics and/or supply chain management experience, and must possess and demonstrate at the professional level the below skill sets:
- Verbal and written communication skills: Must be capable of articulating thoughts, ideas, and opposing points of view through all forms of communication with both internal and external government agencies to effectively carry out the duties of this position. Must be proficient in crafting all types of correspondence that reach their target audience with clarity and comprehension to include the senior management level. Must have the ability to give briefs, guidance, and assistance on all logistic issues, policies, procedures, and methodologies to a diverse audience.
- Sound time management practices to meet deadlines and to exercise efficiency in planning, prioritizing, and accomplishing assigned task relating to warehouse operations.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Organize and conduct required warehouse inventories
- Conduct warehouse receiving and shipping operations
- Maintain positive inventory control of all warehouse assets
- Prepare and ship USAID SEC freight to both international and domestic locations through a variety of shipping mechanisms to include, but not limited too; air freight, sea freight, DHL, FedEx, UPS, and Department of State (DOS) Pouch.
- Conduct tool inventories and record the result and correct deficiencies
- Maintain calibration records and perform calibration procedures
- Oversee the care and inventory of all calibration equipment
- Provide logistics tracking information to USAID Missions
- Arrange US Broker to clear overseas shipments back to CONUS, and coordinate with DoC, DHS, & CBP on clearing of overseas shipments.
- Crafting correspondence that pertains to the basic duties, such as Requests for Quote, Bills of Material, Weekly Logistics Reports, Commercial Invoices, etc.
- Liaison with shipping and equipment vendor pool
- Must have one year of specialized experience in tool inventory and calibration procedures
- Licensed forklift operator
- Must be able to physically stand, kneel, and bend for long periods of time and have the ability to climb ladders with dexterity in both hands
- Must be able to lift a 50-pound item to waist height and must be able to lift a 30-pound item over the head
- Must have 20/20 vision with corrective lenses if necessary
- Must have acceptable color vision and have acceptable depth perception
- Must have the ability to hear normal conversation, alarm, and warning signals with corrective devices if necessary
gTANGIBLE Corporation is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant because of race, age, sex, color, physical or mental disability, religion, sexual orientation, marital status, national origin, or political affiliation.