Security Training Specialist II (Instructional Designer)
gTANGIBLE Corporation (gTC), www.gtangible.com, is a C corporation and a registered Government contractor that provides services and solutions in:
- National Security Programs
- Professional, Administrative, and Management Support
- Mission and Warfighter Support
We are a Service Disabled Veteran Owned Small Business (SDVOSB), the company’s founder has years of successful experience in the Government contracting arena. gTANGIBLE Corporation was formed in 2009 and has grown every year since then. Our leadership team is an exceptional group of Government contracting professionals. gTANGIBLE is in the process of identifying candidates for the following position.
Requisition Type: Non-Contingent (Active)
Position Status: Available Immediately
Position Title: Security Training Specialist II (Instructional Designer)
Security Training Specialists are assigned to the Corporate Learning Branch to analyze, design, develop, deliver and evaluate current and future training products. Delivery methods may include classroom instruction; web-based training, focused briefings, multimedia presentations, or a combination of these. CLB views the ISD support task as a process consisting of five steps: (1) analysis/research of the need, (2) design of a training intervention, (3) development of the training intervention, implementation of the intervention, and (5) evaluation of the intervention's effectiveness.
Location: Chantilly, Virginia
Security Clearance Level: TS/SCI with CI Poly
Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide a thorough analysis and research and provide recommendations to the scope and content of security related training;
- Design appropriate instructional solutions in order to solve a problem or fulfill a need identified during analysis, and convey this information in the form of a Course Design Document for review and approval by USG;
- Develop and provide Instructor and Participant Guides and Implementation Plans based on the Government approved Course Design Document;
- Develop and deliver training based on the Government approved Implementation Plans, e.g. web based, instructor lead, or handouts/brochures;
- Deliver the training specified in each Implementation Plan within the agreed upon timelines;
- Define, prepare, document and distribute training course materials as required to support all phases of the training product life-cycle as approved by USG;
- Draw on the expertise and abilities of various Subject Matter Experts (SMEs) and other functional specialists throughout the training product development and delivery stages;
- Solicit and analyze course evaluations to provide written feedback and recommendations for course improvements for review and approval by USG;
- Annually review and update existing CLB sponsored training to ensure timely and accurate content as approved by the USG;
- Perform quality & assurance review for all training efforts under this contract;
- Assist with responses to TIER (action item and document tracking system) actions related to security training initiatives
Knowledge and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s Degree or Higher and 5 years of relevant experience; High School/GED and 10 years of relevant experience; Associates and 8 years relevant experience; Master’s or higher with 3 years relevant experience.
- Experience in the design, development, and delivery of training products and services;
- Experience with the ADDIE (Analysis, Design, Develop, Implement, Evaluation) model to develop Instructor-Led and Web-based courseware;
- Experience developing web based training, including the use of scripting and web page design tools such as Java Script, HTML, Captivate, Dreamweaver, and Flash;
- Ability to work closely with customers to identify their training needs and provide timely, responsive training products;
- Experience in the design, development, and delivery of training product and services;
- Strong knowledge of effective security practices in an SCI environment and awareness of general security-related training requirements within this environment;
- Practical experience applying lSD methodologies in a (learning) training environment;
- Practical experience instructing and facilitating classroom training.
gTANGIBLE Corporation is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant because of race, age, sex, color, physical or mental disability, religion, sexual orientation, marital status, national origin, or political affiliation.