Information Security Specialist
gTANGIBLE Corporation (gTC), www.gtangible.com, is a C corporation and a registered Government contractor that provides services and solutions in:
- National Security Programs
- Professional, Administrative, and Management Support
- Mission and Warfighter Support
We are a Service-Disabled Veteran Owned Small Business (SDVOSB) and the founder has years of successful experience in the Government contracting arena. Our leadership team is an exceptional group of Government contracting professionals. gTANGIBLE is in the process of identifying candidates for the following position.
Requisition Type: Full Time
Position Status: Contingent
Position Title: Information Security Specialist
Location: Newport, RI
Security Clearance Level: Top Secret
Duties and Responsibilities
Provide Information Technology support to the Navy War College Information Recourse Department. Duties include the following:
- Responsible for IA vulnerability monitoring and analysis on the status of unclassified and classified networks by using data collected from firewalls, intrusion detection systems, traffic analysis monitors and event management systems.
- Analyze both raw and processed IA data, and identify potential threats and vulnerabilities to the networks and hosted systems.
- Identify security breaches and intrusions, initiate alerts and recovery actions, and participate in Computer Incident Response Team activities.
- Responsible for analyzing and validating the network security routers, firewalls, host based Intrusion Detection Systems and network Intrusion Detection Systems to assure they are properly configured and operational.
- Conduct penetration testing of web applications, networks, and systems when required.
- Travel may be required to locations within the United States including Washington DC, Monterey, California, and other locations.
Knowledge and Qualifications
- Three years’ experience in IA security in support of complex networks and security devices and an Associates Degree in a technical discipline. Direct experience with managing firewalls, IDS/IPS, and IAVA Management is desired. May substitute experience for education on a year-for-year basis if applicable.
- Operating environment certification and Security + certification.
gTANGIBLE Corporation is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant because of race, age, sex, color, physical or mental disability, religion, sexual orientation, marital status, national origin, or political affiliation.