HVAC Service Technician
General Services Corporation (GSC) has Immediate openings for apartment service technicians in the Richmond, VA area! CFC certification required . Valid driver's license & acceptable driving record are required. This is a FULL TIME role and we need you 40 hours per week!
Heating ventilation/air conditioning responsibilities include:
- Troubleshoot and diagnose 24v wiring and 120v/240v wiring problems.
- Replace/install compressors, TXVs, compressors indoor coils, condensers/heat pumps, reversing valves and air handlers.
- Locate and repair leaks.
- Familiar with gas heat, including gas valves, standing pilots and igniters, thermocouples and flames sensors.
- Knowledge of how to clean a gas furnace, indoor coil and outdoor coil properly.
- Ability read pressures and refrigerant temperatures and adjust properly.
- Knowledge of and the ability to braze, use a recovery machine, a vacuum pump and torch.
Other Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Appliance repair/installation: dishwashers, disposals, stoves (gas and/or electric), and refrigerators.
- Electrical replacement and repair of switches, outlets, and light fixtures.
- Plumbing - must be able to sweat copper, install faucet washers/stems, traps, toilets, faucet sets, and all appliances (e.g. water heater or gas range).
- Must be able to operate a hand snake, drain machine and toilet auger.
GSC offers competitive compensation along with a full benefits package:
- Health Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Paid Holidays, Paid Sick and Paid Vacation
- Short and Long Term Disability Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Pet Insurance
- Accident Insurance
- Identity Theft Protection
- Legal Resources