Video Account Manager
GroupM recently merged two of its leading global networks, MEC and Maxus, to form a brand new media, content and technology agency – one of the largest in the world. WAVEMAKER exists to be Future Makers: to build brands that pioneer the future, inspire society and move customers to action. What started with a blank page and a fresh perspective has resulted in building an agency of future.
Bound together by our Purchase Journey approach, we help clients translate audience behaviours and insights into smart decisions today, for a prosperous tomorrow. Our organizational capabilities and specialisms, along with the talents of our 8,500 people are united through our focus on understanding, accelerating and optimizing purchase journeys. Our obsession with purchase journeys is apparent in the solutions we create for clients, in how we structure ourselves and in the job roles our people perform. So a job a WAVEMAKER may not sound like a job at any other agency, and that’s because it isn’t.
Our people are encouraged to become the best versions of themselves and share the values and behaviours of what we refer to as PACED - passionate, agile, collaborative, entrepreneurial, and diverse. With our combined global heritage coming together to create something new; our people are the brains, the data experts and the thinkers of the GroupM family.
WAVEMAKER is a leader in its field. We’re in front of transformation, making waves by making bold choices. It means the impact of our choices today creates momentum into the future.
Our vision is simple: To become the most distinctive and admired media, content and technology agency in the world.
The future is not only coming, it’s now.
For this position, you take much higher and wider level of responsibility in the planning and buying delivery of AV campaigns across your Clients. You are trusted to produce accurate work and prioritise tasks with minimum supervision. Technical skills remain important as well as strong interpersonal expertise. There is also much more involvement with PRFs /Audit delivery.
This role is working in a self-sufficient manner across ABF and C&D there are high levels of autonomy on these clients, you will be managing a spend of around £4m PA across TV and VOD.
Some of the best things about this role
- Hitting your commercial targets. It always feels great to get a good audit score
- Planning full AV campaigns incorporating new ideas and drawing on insights
Campaign Management & Performance
- Ownership of all day to day buying delivery through being both hands on and supervising line report(s) to ensure:
- All buying metrics are hit – campaign objectives, Wavemaker deal parameters and client guarantees.
- Processes and admin are adhered to including approvals, TV magic sheet, spend checks, reconciliations, 3rd party tagging and tracking delivery,
- You will need to be close to the detail and always know your Clients trading position and issues both current and year to date
- Your experience will mean that you will have developed the foresight to be able to highlight issues to your BD in good time to be able to resolve.
- You will understand the full implications for plan and audits from buying specials/ changing audience.
A unique role
- This is a unique role where you are in complete ownership of the day to day of these clients video campaigns. You will be reporting into a Client Activation Lead from a day to day client perspective and a Video Business Director. Sitting within a wider hub that contains L’Oréal as the other client so there are opportunities work with this wider Video team and the agency Video team when required e.g. periods of leave
- Responsible for all day to day client requests. You should become the person the Client can trust to always to deliver for them.
- Contributing and presenting in client meetings
- Grow your clients understanding of AV through inductions as well as proactively keeping them updated on the marketplace and developments
- Strong understanding of your Client’s industry sector and their competitors
- Communicate pre-and mid campaign updates that manage expectations so there are no surprises later from the Client’s perspective.
- Produce campaign PCAs that sell our work and demonstrate our expertise and knowledge.
Strategy and Planning
- You are the day to day contact across Video implementational planning producing plans applying and showcasing WM tools and systems to support your recommendations
- Your plans will consider new products, account for growing trends and structured to deliver the campaign KPIs
- Work with the Planning team to ensure plans have clear KPIs and briefs that include all the required information. Where appropriate challenge the brief
- You should be aware of the supplier shares for individual campaign planning across all Video channels
- Responsibility for producing accurate forecasts across all Video channels for the book. Communicate to area heads if there are major changes to the previous forecast and any late money shape is discussed before approval.
- Ensure book moves are actioned to deadlines. Here again communication is key so its known that the request is being actioned.
- Ensure AV spends are booked correctly on the system at the right time and in line with WM financial process.
- Track PRFs/Audits to ensure targets are met. Key within this is to understand how the stretch sheet works and other guarantee models so you could independently calculate how much pot value you require. Likewise, how quality methodology and how to achieve the best scores.
- Understand where revenue earnings opportunities exist and look to deliver these through day to day buying
Innovation and Collaboration
- You should have excellent relations with the Client Design and Delivery teams and work together on response to briefs, covering areas of cross over to avoid duplication and maximise opportunities.
- Continue to build relations with media owners across all Video channels making sure you regularly meet to keep up to date with developments and new opportunities.
Technical Skills and Knowledge
- Thorough understanding and experience of TV, VOD and Cinematrading and marketplace. You should have a viewpoint on market issues and topics.
- Systems: MediaOcean, Metis, Advantedge, WebKarma, DVID, DoubleClick, IAS, Double Verify, Sales Edge, AV Fusion, K2, Deal Manager, DFA.
- PowerPoint, Excel, Word, Ad Dynamix.
GroupM is an equal opportunity employer. We view every individual as exactly that, individual. We hire despite peoples differences, not because of them. We understand that inclusion is more than just diversity. We celebrate the fact that everyone is unique. That’s what makes us so good at what we do. At GroupM we pride ourselves on being a company that can truly represent the global clients we work with.
If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you can email us via TalentTeam.UK@GroupM.com.