Ad Ops Executive
GroupM recently merged two of its leading global networks, MEC and Maxus, to form a brand new media, content and technology agency – one of the largest in the world. WAVEMAKER exists to be Future Makers: to build brands that pioneer the future, inspire society and move customers to action. What started with a blank page and a fresh perspective has resulted in building an agency of the future.
Bound together by our Purchase Journey approach, we help clients translate audience behaviours and insights into smart decisions today, for a prosperous tomorrow. Our organizational capabilities and specialisms, along with the talents of our 8,500 people are united through our focus on understanding, accelerating and optimizing purchase journeys. Our obsession with purchase journeys is apparent in the solutions we create for clients, in how we structure ourselves and in the job roles our people perform. So a job a WAVEMAKER may not sound like a job at any other agency, and that’s because it isn’t.
Our people are encouraged to become the best versions of themselves and share the values and behaviours of what we refer to as PACED - passionate, agile, collaborative, entrepreneurial, and diverse. With our combined global heritage coming together to create something new; our people are the brains, the data experts and the thinkers of the GroupM family.
WAVEMAKER is a leader in its field. We’re in front of transformation, making waves by making bold choices. It means the impact of our choices today creates momentum into the future.
Our vision is simple: To become the most distinctive and admired media, content and technology agency in the world.
The future is not only coming, it’s now.
Job Title: Advertising Operations Executive
Reporting to: Advertising Operations Manager, TAPP
We are looking for someone with a passion for numbers and is highly methodical. This role is perfect for anyone ready to kick start their career within display advertising and beyond within the digital marketing spectrum.
We’re passionate about training and guidance to help our people navigate the ad-operations spectrum and if the opportunity to take charge and spearhead projects is what attracts you, then you’ll do your best work here.
You will be working within the Ad Operations team that sits in the Data and Technology department within our TAPP (Technology, Audiences, Platforms, Products) function.
TAPP is one of the agency’s central teams, representing a group of specialists, covering areas such as consumer research, advanced analytics, data strategy and technology operations.
The core responsibilities of the Data and Technology department are as follows:
- Provision of technology and data consultancy to Wavemaker’s clients covering areas such as ad technology, web analytics, conversion optimisation, technology/data integration and data management
- Digital ad operations; the project management, trafficking, quality assurance and monitoring of online campaigns for UK clients
- Technology innovation and new product development
The Ad Operations Executive’s role can broadly be split into two key areas of responsibility:
Firstly, you will be responsible for setting up and amending digital display campaign activity for agency clients. This includes digital campaign trafficking across all major Ad Server platforms, and implementing client data, media vendor tags, and 3rd party tech into said platforms. You will work with other members of the Data and Technology team as well as the larger TAPP function to assist in expanding our existing technology stack and new emerging advertising technologies.
Secondly, you would be the first point of contact when it comes to Ad Operations, providing subject matter expertise for the client teams the department work with. You will immerse yourself in clients’ structures, teams and briefing processes to build great understanding of both the agency and client business. You will not only work with client requirements, but you will look for opportunities to make better use of client data and implement ways of turning that data into valuable insight.
- The day to day role will entail receiving briefs and ad imagery from the display team and using ad server technology to produce the tracking tags needed to execute campaigns and measure performance.
- In addition, we also look after the Client site tagging in order to identify user journeys to the Clients’ sites.
- Collaborating with account teams to work on digital campaign briefs to determine and flesh out trafficking and tagging requirements
- Trafficking campaigns for the agency clients and managing their site tagging with a manager at the helm available for troubleshooting, training, or any questions in general
- Work closely with account and client teams to ensure the smooth running of Ad Operations services, with appropriate level of support and communication
- Collaborate openly and effectively with all other functions within the integrated client team to ensure that digital fundamentals are understood and practiced, by everyone involved
- Be able to demonstrate the enthusiasm to work under pressure within a fast paced digital environment
- Excellent communication skills
- Curious mind and attention to details – able to follow processes and spot errors
- Display enthusiasm for process improvement and operational efficiency
- Problem solving abilities – able to think ’outside the box’
- Commercially aware with an interest in campaign performance
- Competent user of ad server technology (e.g. DCM, Sizmek, Flashtalking, AdForm, etc) and 3rd party tagging
- Basic to intermediate user of MS data tools (Excel, Access, Visual Basic)
GroupM is an equal opportunity employer. We view every individual as exactly that, individual. We hire despite peoples differences, not because of them. We understand that inclusion is more than just diversity. We celebrate the fact that everyone is unique. That’s what makes us so good at what we do. At GroupM we pride ourselves on being a company that can truly represent the global clients we work with.
If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you can email us via email@example.com.