International - Paid Search Senior Manager - Playstation
Mediacom forms part of GroupM, WPP’s combined media agencies. GroupM is the world’s largest media investment management organization and parent company of Mediacom, MindShare, etc. Within these companies we have the largest search operations around the world with a greater geographic footprint than any competitor.
MediaCom handles the media planning and buying for some of the world's smartest advertisers. Supported by keen consumer insight, analysis and experience, we are part of the largest media planning and buying network in the world.
The team & the role
We are the MediaCom International search & biddable team, consisting of approx. 45 people, working on a mix of blue chip clients including: Shell, American Airlines, Brand USA, GSK, Sony & Bose.
We are looking for the new Senior Manager to come and join the growing PlayStation paid search team based in London.
Key highlights of this role, the team and the client:
- It sits within a talented team; with 6 other team members from international backgrounds currently servicing PlayStation
- It’s a role within the gaming industry, with a global remit, offering the opportunity to work for the largest gaming company in the world
- It’s data-driven and analytical, meaning it will suit someone who loves analysing numbers and working with large data sets
- It has ample scope to be proactive, because we love entrepreneurial people who bring us their own ideas
- It’s busy but it’s a lot of fun too; we work hard, but we also don’t forget to enjoy a coffee run together, few drinks at the pub, or team dinners
We are looking for an experienced Manager with a proven track-record in Search (SEM, YT, AMS, GSP, Display), client handling, and relevant exposure across other digital channels with a strong inclination for Paid Search.
The Senior Manager will be the key figure for the PlayStation Search business, with Front of House client-facing responsibilities. Because of this, the role requires a proactive self-starter who will use their own initiative to impress clients with both long-term strategic thinking as well as a high standard in delivering day to day tasks. We are looking for someone who can take the lead with clients, but who is also ready to roll up their sleeves and work on the accounts directly every day.
Demonstrable experience in automating processes and optimisation tasks will be a clear advantage, as we are looking for someone who can minimize the amount of manual input required, to deliver campaigns more efficiently and effectively. The ideal candidate must also demonstrate a passion for these industries: our clients live and breathe their products, and expect the same from their agencies.
The role will report into the Search Associate Director in London and will be supported by 5 team members in London for daily operations such as account monitoring, performance, and optimisation, etc.
Additionally, the role may be expected to support, where required, on new business opportunities – both upselling on current clients and getting involved with other clients.
Other traits needed:
- Commercially minded, understanding the practical delivery of services in line with client objectives, service level agreements and terms of business.
- Ensure communications are tailored to the audience & requirements of the brief.
- Keep clients up to date on top level campaign performance and issues.
- Lead status meetings, ensure all meeting outcomes are reported & delivered against by team.
- Support Account Associate Director to shape & inform client strategy & client services.
- Constantly feedback to line Manager, wider Account team and PlayStation team relating to client developments, opportunities and pressures.
- Build & sustain professional and collaborative working relationships with clients, as well as MediaCom and PlayStation employees.
- Act as a representative of the Search department and MediaCom always. Build relationships throughout the company, identify opportunity for client growth.
- Have an ability to be highly motivated, numerate and articulate, both when speaking to clients, writing documents and analysing results.
- Increase knowledge within gaming sector.
- Financial accuracy through the planning & buying process.
Search specific tasks:
- Responsible for continued development of search accounts and other biddable media within their team – driving efficiencies, seeking opportunities for growth.
- Create/ design search & biddable media strategy for client portfolio with Search Director.
- Advanced understanding of search principles, how marketing campaigns work cross markets, advanced analytic aptitude, view for the bigger picture of embedding search across channels and within the client’s vertical.
- Ensuring delivery of Search campaigns, management of the team’s priorities, spot checking reports & optimisation to ensure delivery against client volume and efficiency targets.
- Advanced understanding of how other media can influence search; the principles of other online marketing channels and be able to discuss them in (client) meetings.
- Advanced experience with bid management (DoubleClick Search, Marin, Kenshoo, etc.), analytics & competitive insights tools available in the market - when they should be used and their relative strengths and limitations.
- Share & discuss the commentary on results regularly with the client.
- Proven track record of delivering search strategy & operations, managing individuals, and fostering strong client relationships.
- Show initiative in growing the search and biddable accounts, increasing efficiencies and identifying new client opportunities.
Skills, Behaviours and Experience Required
- Ambitious & independent
- Remains calm under pressure
- Show ambition to take ownership of challenges
- Strong attention to detail
- Confident presenter
- Be administratively competent
- Advanced competency of using Microsoft Excel, Word and PowerPoint.
- Highly analytical
- Team player, can-do attitude, enthusiastic
- Effective and efficient working style
- Advanced paid search specialist, GAP & Bing certified
- Advanced Excel
- Bid management tools (e.g. Marin, DS3, Kenshoo)
- Analytics tools (e.g. Google Analytics, Adobe Analytics)
More About Working for MediaCom: People First, Better Results
Here at MediaCom, we know that our people are our greatest asset in making us the UK’s leading agency and so we make sure our employees are rewarded and looked after in terms of career growth, social life and personal welfare.
The MediaCom network comprises 4,600 people working in 113 offices in 89 countries and we are proud to call some of the world's most successful brands as clients, including P&G, DLG, Coca-Cola and the Volkswagen Group.
Despite our growth over the years, we work hard at retaining our creative and inclusive approach, and aspire to our five pillars in every aspect of their work:
- New Business,
- Bravery and
- Loving our Clients.
We have our very own on-site bar, an events programme including BBQs and drinks on the rooftop terrace, sports and social clubs, a range of staff discounts and on-site services including health screenings, financial management workshops, manicures and massages.
We believe that by putting our People First, we deliver Better Results for our clients and create a great place for everyone to enjoy their work.
Want to know more? Follow us on twitter @MediaComUK and find out more about our award winning work here: http://www.mediacom.co.uk/en/results.aspx
GroupM is an equal opportunity employer. We view everyone as an individual and we understand that inclusion is more than just diversity – it’s about belonging. We celebrate the fact that everyone is unique and that’s what makes us so good at what we do. We pride ourselves on being a company that embraces difference and truly represents the global clients we work with.
If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please email us via TalentTeam.UK@GroupM.com.