Planning Manager - Tesco
MediaCom is looking for a brilliant comms planner to be an Account Manager working on Tesco, Britain’s biggest retailer and in the top 10 spenders in the market.
3 best things about the job:
- The chance to work on the ongoing transformation of the Tesco brand – winner this year of the Cannes Grand Prix for Media Effectiveness
- Being an integral part of one of the biggest teams in the agency with the brightest minds and best talent
- Working at London’s biggest and most successful agency – MediaCom was agency of the year at this year’s media Week
Measures of success –
In three months, you would have:
- Onboarded fully on to the account and met all the key stakeholders
- Now leading a campaign brief (or two)
- Assigned a senior planner or below for you to manage
In six months, you would have:
- Established yourself in the team
- Built strong relationships with key clients and other agency leads
- Applied a combination of MediaCom, Team Tesco and personal planning philosophies in your thinking, work and execution
- Engaged the wider agency
In 12 months, you would have:
- Produced exceptional planning work that we would look to enter at a future industry awards
- Have become a ‘go to’ in retail planning
- Recognised as a go to source of inspiration in the team and wider agency
Responsibilities of the role:
- Lead the development, sell-in and delivery of planning work on projects below £500k (cut-off to be determined by client).
- Own the brief to Connect/MBA – developing briefs that are inspirational, rigorous and clear.
- Planning support for AD for major projects.
- Lead ad-hoc requests for clients.
- Develop good relationships with other departments that work on the account.
- Manage, and delegate effectively to, the junior members of the team.
- Take responsibility for developing planning skills based on “What makes a great planner?” guidelines.
- Take specific responsibility for Source Of Growth for the team, ensuring best-practise on all planning projects.
- Participate in stretch sessions.
What you will need:
- A thirst for learning about technology, trends, media, people, brands and the industry.
- An ambition and tenacity to make the ordinary extraordinary.
- An ability to spot the real issue behind the brief – knowing how the challenge the client to understand what they really need.
- Empathy with the people of Britain (especially outside London) – a good understanding of what makes people tick across the country, and what impact it should have on our planning.
- Data-literacy – aware of the available resources and how to turn reams of data into insights that shape clear strategic opportunities.
- Knowledge of the nuts and bolts of media well enough to be able to develop a top-line media plan and judge a detailed one.
- Good storytelling skills – to give our ideas and thinking the best chance of coming to fruition.
*Although we cannot make guarantees, we welcome conversations about flexible working for all roles at MediaCom London*
MediaCom is “The Content + Connections Agency”, working on behalf of its clients to leverage their brands’ entire system of communications across paid, owned and earned channels to step change their business outcomes. Employing over 1,200 staff across 5 regional offices, MediaCom is the leading agency in the UK in terms of billings. Its client roster includes British Sky Broadcasting, DFS, Tesco and Cancer Research UK.
Our people are at the heart of everything we do; we firmly believe in our “People First, Better Results” philosophy and want to be certain that work is always challenging, engaging and satisfying. We aim to ensure that that our employees’ skills are constantly evolving, and so provide all MediaCom staff with training and development and regular appraisals to enhance their performances and guarantee great results for them and the company.
We also strive to change traditional attitudes to workplace culture by offering a more holistic view of employees' aspirations. There are numerous initiatives for MediaCommers to take part in, from the Social Club to Mindfulness Training, to help ensure that our employees thoroughly enjoy their experience here.
We aim to be the only agency that talented people want to work for. We do this, not only by stimulating and challenging our people through great work and outstanding clients, but by providing a variety of learning programs, cultural initiatives and an exciting environment to invigorate our employees personal and professional career development.
MediaCom is a member of WPP, the world's largest marketing communications services group, and part of GroupM, WPP’s consolidated media investment management arm.
To find out more about MediaCom visit us here: www.mediacom.co.uk Follow us on Twitter: www.twitter.com/MediaComUK
Follow us on Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/mediacomuk/?hl=en
GroupM is an equal opportunity employer. We view every individual as exactly that, individual. We hire despite peoples differences, not because of them. We understand that inclusion is more than just diversity. We celebrate the fact that everyone is unique. That’s what makes us so good at what we do. At GroupM we pride ourselves on being a company that can truly represent the global clients we work with.
If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you can email us via TalentTeam.UK@GroupM.com.