Senior Marketing & New Business Manager - 12 month FTC
Who are m/SIX?
m/SIX are one of the UK's fastest-growing media planning and buying agency, having doubled in size in the last two years to 150 people and £200m in billings. Our international network now comprises over 40 offices across 3 continents.
We have a unique proposition and ownership structure, which is fundamental to how we operate for our clients. We are majority owned by our partners within The&Partnership, but GroupM’s minority ownership means that we are able to offer a true ‘best of both worlds’ advantage. This means a progressive and entrepreneurial approach to business and culture, whilst providing full access to GroupM’s market leading pricing, data and technology assets.
As both The&Partnership and m/SIX we have therefore created new models and ways of working which are leading the industry in defining the agency of the future. This means solutions built bespoke for clients’ individual needs, inclusive of all necessary disciplines and working to one bottom line. Creatives, strategist, analysts, investment and production teams working together, with data and technology at the centre. These teams are often implanted directly within the client marketing teams: in the UK we have fully embedded teams at News UK, Talk Talk and Toyota/Lexus. The impact of this has been transformational on our clients’ business.
As a direct outcome of this progressive & transformational agenda, m/SIX has two ambitions. To be a top ten agency in every market in which we operate, and to be the most important place in the careers of our people.
We are looking for a marketing manager to help us continue to build our reputation in the industry and with prospective clients. This role will be focus on delivering to our marketing strategy and running new business activity. You will also be responsible for all our agency external tone of voice and communications and all marketing collateral and outputs. Although your remit will be predominantly focused on the UK business you will also be involved in EMEA new business and marketing.
- Maximise opportunities to enhance agency reputation through trade PR - including announcements of new hires, clients, campaign launches, thought pieces and further media opportunities such as TV interviews, event speaking
- Assist with the running of new business pitches, project managing the team, creating marketing collateral and managing intermediaries such as Oystercatchers, Slick, ID Comms etc
- Lead client communications and marketing plan developing a framework for regular client updates on relevant and though provoking industry knowledge
- Responsible for writing and coordinating industry award nominations
- Create a platform of events to amplify the m/SIX perspective and point of view
- Manage and update our website to create a useful point of entry to the agency for all potential users
- Implement plans across those all social channels, ensuring regular and consistent utilisation and engaging content.
- Manage and develop the marketing executive and senior designer
- Work alongside Head of People to identify ways to ensure agency purpose, values and culture clearly and consistently evident to our people. Working together on company events and meetings to keep our people engaged and informed
Who are you?
- You will live and breathe our m/SIX behaviours of pioneering, honesty & energetic
- You will be solution focused with a creative approach
- You won’t be afraid to get your hands dirty and be involved with anything and everything
- You will be a master at managing several projects and stakeholders at once
- You will be calm under pressure
Who will the role report to?
This role will report to our Global Head of Product. The role will naturally have high visibility to senior management of both m/SIX, The&Partnership and GroupM.
Relationships with the other strategic leads across the wider business are also critical: notably the commercial director and the group PR director.
GroupM is an equal opportunity employer. We view everyone as an individual and we understand that inclusion is more than just diversity – it’s about belonging. We celebrate the fact that everyone is unique and that’s what makes us so good at what we do. We pride ourselves on being a company that embraces difference and truly represents the global clients we work with.
If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please email us via TalentTeam.UK@GroupM.com.