Data Science Executive
GroupM is seeking a Data Scientist to become an integral part of our Tech & Data Analytics team in Lisbon.
GroupM is ‘the world leading media investment group’ – one out of three adverts you watch worldwide are planned and placed by the group's media agencies (Wavemaker, Mediacom and Mindshare). Within GroupM, many specialized services play together to deliver daily, top-notch results to our agencies and Clients. Business Science leads data & analytics for the group.
Our objective: Produce relevant quantitative analysis to consistently enhance and speed decision making across GroupM Media Agencies and their Clients. We operate in two core areas: Media Buying and Brand Advertising/Communication.
How we achieve our objective: Develop high-quality analytical/insight products made available through a secure web environment. Develop an integrated analytical environment to further optimize programmatic buying.
Our offer: Unique learning opportunities in a highly innovative environment. To grow within a world leading company.
- Mathematics, Statistics with strong interest in computer science
- Computer Science with strong interest in data & analytics
- Other science/quantitative fields where you have to explore, model and make sense of large quantities of data
Hard skills required:
- Programming languages: R (or Python) + SQL
- Microsoft environment experience: SQL Server + Excel + Windows CLI
- Datamining + Machine learning experience: Supervised and unsupervised tasks
- BI tools experience: Power BI or Tableau or Qlik
- Digital environment knowledge: TCP/IP protocol stack, HTML, HTTP, TLS/SSL,…
Hard skills also valued:
- Domain knowledge: Media, communication and marketing
- Digital Advertising Knowledge: Digital KPIs, Ad servers, DSPs, SSPs, Web Analytics,…
- Cloud environment experience: Azure or AWS
- OS experience: Linux
- Web server experience: Nginx (or Apache)
- R environment: Shiny and Shiny-server
- Big data / Cluster computing framework: Hadoop, Spark
- You believe in the power of team work to come up with innovative solutions for products and projects
- You are intellectually curious, you are passionate about exploring new solutions to deliver your projects and you love to teach others
- You are a self-starter, autonomous and resilient person
- You are able to communicate your results effectively
- You focus on solving business problems and delivering value to clients
- You have an automation mindset
Is this the challenge you've been waiting for? Come and meet us!