Media Buying Assistant
Role Title AV Assistant
Who are m/SIX?
Our ownership structure makes m/SIX unique. We can access GroupM’s outstanding global talent pool, trading might and the world’s largest media data lake. But we are also part of The&Partnership, a set of agencies founded on collaboration and a philosophy to work seamlessly with both clients and creative agency partners. This gives m/SIX the ‘best of both worlds’. We have the entrepreneurial spirit and agility of an independent agency fused with the scale, resource and capabilities of the world’s leading media network.
Over the last 18 months m/SIX has gone through a huge ‘scale up’ doubling in size in terms of people and billings, meaning we are currently the UK’s fastest growing media agency. As such we are naturally less hierarchical than many other agency environments. We often embed teams into our clients’ operations to allow data flow to inform wider marketing decision-making, and infuse their culture with our own. This model has allowed us to deliver more dynamic work delivering better results ahead of the competition in such highly competitive categories as Telcoms, Auto, Banking, Pharma and Media.
We pride ourselves on an open culture where everyone is encouraged to make their ideas happen. We believe in honest & transparency with both our clients and people – we have regular all company meetings, and like nothing more than getting everyone together for some sociable fun.
The AV Team
Our team is responsible for investing circa £90m of our client’s money across TV, Cinema, Radio and Video each year. Our biggest clients include TalkTalk, Just Eat, Toyota, Lexus and News UK (The Sun and The Times).
Client spends on digital video are growing significantly, and an ever greater agency focus is placed on developing our key strategies across this area. The gap is closing between linear/live TV advertising and digital video, so we constantly revaluate our position to have an integrated approach across these mediums and the wider digital landscape.
This position provides a great opportunity for someone to be part of a close-knit and fun team with a strong level of independence, with the team having already grown significantly since its inception. We have a great track record of reward and progression, making M/six the ideal place to develop your career.
The purpose of the AV Assistant role is to:
- Support the team to deliver innovative and ambitious broadcast solutions that deliver clients objectives and broadcast KPIs – across TV, radio, cinema and VOD.
- Work collectively with the team to deliver required buying results
- Develop detailed knowledge across the TV market-marketplace, channels, ownership structure, programming and technology.
- Deliver agreed buying targets
- Deliver 100% accurate invoices and meet agreed timelines
External Relationship Management – Clients
- Connect credibly with client and media owner teams through:
- Rapid and relevant response to queries
- Proactive communication – keeping clients up to date on key information eg status reports, query feedback
- Working collaboratively with planning team to make sure they have all the data they need (campaign updates etc)
- Collaborate with partner agencies making sure they are up to date on implementation plans and responding to queries and questions
- Get brief from AV manager and planners – challenge and ask questions to make sure all required detail is there eg KPIs, time-lengths
- Know tools inside out and use to optimise TV buying
- Collaborate with planning team and other experts through regularly to provide right specialist knowledge and brief response
- Maintain relationships with media owners ensuring knowledge of up to date media solutions
- Ensure buying targets are met
- Where necessary inform clients of updated plans and communicate to trading team
- Implement efficient billing process
- Co-ordinate the pulling together of relevant PCA data for client feedback and audits
- Take personal responsibility for own development and learning and personal objectives - proactively seeking out new learning opportunities
- Maintain and develop positive relationships across own team, GroupM and clients and partner agencies
- Attend all relevant training and actively use learning to drive performance in role. Seek out new relevant training and sources of knowledge
- Energised and enthusiastic
- Creative and innovative
- Communication across all levels
- Numerate and analytical
- Planned and organised
- Passion, proactive, inquisitive
- Open to new ways of thinking and doing things
GroupM is an equal opportunity employer. We view everyone as an individual and we understand that inclusion is more than just diversity – it’s about belonging. We celebrate the fact that everyone is unique and that’s what makes us so good at what we do. We pride ourselves on being a company that embraces difference and truly represents the global clients we work with.
If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please email us via TalentTeam.UK@GroupM.com.