Business Science Worldwide – Manager
MediaCom develops fully-connected communications systems, fueled by the best, most engaging content. Our objective is to help clients meet their business objectives, and we are experts at optimizing exactly the right mix of traditional and digital media, along with creating content, on the channels that consumers use most. MediaCom is one of the world’s leading media communications specialists, with billings exceeding US$33 billion (Source: RECMA 2015). We employ 7,500 people in 125 offices across 100 countries around the globe, and service exceptional clients. We are a member of WPP, the largest marketing communications services group in the world.
Set up over twenty year ago; this specialist analytics team is part of the Growth Intelligence Unit within MediaCom. Business Science ensures MediaCom delivers meaningful Outcomes for our clients by measuring what matters and hard-wiring insights back into the planning and buying processes to drive business results.
The Worldwide team acts as a catalyst for many of our global clients ensuring best practice across a range of disciplines such as: budgeting, KPI & measurement frameworks, results management and reporting outcomes. We often conduct measurement studies; bringing in other teams as appropriate. The key clients we are currently recruiting for are Adidas, Universal and Mars.
Objectives of the Role
Our Managers are experts in their field and ensure the smooth running and delivery of brilliant client analytics. Managing a small team of analysts, you will be responsible for coaching and developing them so they maximise their potential. Sitting with the Business Science Worldwide team you will also be integrated into a couple of key global accounts to ensure best practice analytics across other MediaCom market teams and departments.
You will be relied upon to solve problems and drive new and innovative working practices as part of regular client work and new business.
Duties and Responsibilities
· We are seeking someone to ensure the smooth running of client analytics projects, end to end
· You will ensure the delivery of client analysis projects and drive MediaCom to focus on meaningful business outcomes
· Ensure your reporting team can deliver on tasks and deadlines
· Responsible for the WW analytics support for named clients:
- Seamless support for budgeting, campaign planning, activation and reporting
- Making sure our media planning tool-kit is set up to work across all markets
- Ensuring the media tool-kit is calibrated with latest measurement insights
- Ensures there is a robust KPI framework for all media and communication objectives
- Corroborates proxy media metrics used as leading indicators for sales; or other objectives
- Supporting our commitment to advanced analytical measurement including the application of AI and ML to automate media decision making
- Enforces application of approved measurement techniques
- Engaged with the test and learn agenda
- Thought leader for the holistic optimization of media investment for demand creation and demand conversion; incorporating all e-Retail opportunities
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Willing to challenge clients and colleagues based on knowledge and experience
- Keen to develop a detailed awareness of client business issues, industry trends, consumer trends, promotional resources, market status, and competition
- Understanding of the principles of marketing and advertising, as well as an understanding of media concepts and terms, creative and budget requirements
- Superior written, presentation, analytical, quantitative, and verbal skills
- Strong organizational, interpersonal, and project management skills
- Knowledge of Market Mix Modelling and successful application to communications
- Solid knowledge of typical tools and techniques used in marketing analytics
- Keen attention to detail, a questioning mindset
- Calm under pressure and able to juggle multiple projects/clients
Qualifications and Experience
· Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent , advanced degree a plus
· Experience in an advertising agency is preferred
· Good written and verbal communication skills
· Strong people management skills and capable of setting performance standards and managing staff towards objectives, empowering as appropriate.
GroupM is an equal opportunity employer. We view everyone as an individual and we understand that inclusion is more than just diversity – it’s about belonging. We celebrate the fact that everyone is unique and that’s what makes us so good at what we do. We pride ourselves on being a company that embraces difference and truly represents the global clients we work with.
If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please email us via TalentTeam.UK@GroupM.com.