Microsoft .Net Technical Lead - 6 months
GroupM is the number one global media investment management group. We offer the intelligence to find or create valuable audiences, the power to engage them most effectively and efficiently, and the ability to create desired marketing outcomes.
GroupM invests in people, content, technology and data to make its agencies optimally effective and efficient for clients, providing intelligence to find or create valuable audiences and outcomes. Our leadership, inventiveness and scale drive success for our clients, partners and people.
GroupM Trading Systems Program
The Trading Systems Program team is responsible for providing the technology solutions needed to support the global and local business trading teams within GroupM. Our aim is to develop reusable platforms that enable the agile delivery of features and caters for the diversity of our markets. We work closely with our end users locally and hire the best talent to build fast and reliable technologies.
The Microsoft .Net Technical Lead will be responsible for overseeing the technical delivery of custom-built trading systems and applications across various programmes within the Trading Domain.
The primary responsibilities of the Solution Architect are:
- Work collaboratively with all levels of stakeholders to assess technical/Business requirements and translate into architecture and design of a solution, then monitors and governs its implementation
- Formulate a design plan that factors technology investments and risks while providing value to the business
- Provide technical guidance to development teams when required through solution delivery cycles
- Work with the Enterprise Architect for strategic direction ensuring that the solution design aligns with the roadmaps established by the enterprise architecture, and that it adheres to the enterprise architecture principles
- Support existing products developed as well as validate solutions proposed by third party vendors
- Understand Microsoft technology roadmap and steer technology used to keep GroupM at the forefront of technology
- Articulate clearly the technology decisions made and present to management
- Lead and mentor developers (collocated or distributed);
- Work with development teams to refine and validate estimates;
- Identify and communicate technical risks and mitigations;
- Work closely with product owners to help define and prioritise technical backlog items;
- Champion non-functional requirements and evolve architecture to meet business and technical change;
- Manage technical debt for existing systems;
- Bachelor degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, Software Engineering, or a related discipline
- Roughly ten years of commercial experience in IT and application development in Microsoft technologies.
- Experience working in Azure cloud environment with exposure to Azure BI
Experience, Skills and Behaviours
- Development experience with the Microsoft product suite including Azure C#, Azure SQL and Visual Studio Online (VSTS/TFS).
- Knowledge and experience in software development methodology and toolset for implementing, lifecycle and management – SCRUM, XP; Experience with working in a very agile environment – agile analytics, design, prototyping;
- Demonstrated knowledge of industry trends and standards in the Microsoft technologies; the ability to quickly learn new technology and implement them to keep group in the forefront of technology
- VSTS code repository and branching strategies along with Microsoft Release Management and any deployment tool experience
- Capable to provide value in the ALM of the applications with special focus in the development and maintenance but as well supporting the Governance of them being the main bridge between the businesses, management and technology;
- Good presentation and communication skills - present technical concepts, analysis, and solutions to a wide technical as well as non-technical audience to ensure broad adoption of the overall solution
- Experience in leading technical teams (collocated or distributed); Extensive experience working closely with software development teams (agile/scrum, both onshore and offshore), products owners, end users and business stakeholders to ensure successful delivery and business adoption of new technology
- Able to delve into the detail whilst maintaining sight of the bigger picture of the solution architecture and business goal
- A proactive “can do” attitude and a willingness to be “hands on” when required to resolve issues. Strong organisational skills and the ability to work well under pressure;
- The ability to review estimates from third parties and scrutinize
- Strong planning, problem solving and technical decision-making skills based on business value
- A natural desire to share knowledge and teach others through good documentations and proof of concepts
GroupM is an equal opportunity employer. We view every individual as exactly that, individual. We hire despite peoples differences, not because of them. We understand that inclusion is more than just diversity. We celebrate the fact that everyone is unique. That’s what makes us so good at what we do. At GroupM we pride ourselves on being a company that can truly represent the global clients we work with.
If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you can email us via TalentTeam.UK@GroupM.com.