GroupM recently merged two of its leading global networks, MEC and Maxus, to form a brand new media, content and technology agency – one of the largest in the world. WAVEMAKER exists to be Future Makers: to build brands that pioneer the future, inspire society and move customers to action. What started with a blank page and a fresh perspective has resulted in building an agency of future.
Bound together by our Purchase Journey approach, we help clients translate audience behaviours and insights into smart decisions today, for a prosperous tomorrow. Our organizational capabilities and specialisms, along with the talents of our 8,500 people are united through our focus on understanding, accelerating and optimizing purchase journeys. Our obsession with purchase journeys is apparent in the solutions we create for clients, in how we structure ourselves and in the job roles our people perform. So a job a WAVEMAKER may not sound like a job at any other agency, and that’s because it isn’t.
Our people are encouraged to become the best versions of themselves and share the values and behaviours of what we refer to as PACED - passionate, agile, collaborative, entrepreneurial, and diverse. With our combined global heritage coming together to create something new; our people are the brains, the data experts and the thinkers of the GroupM family.
WAVEMAKER is a leader in its field. We’re in front of transformation, making waves by making bold choices. It means the impact of our choices today creates momentum into the future.
Our vision is simple: To become the most distinctive and admired media, content and technology agency in the world.
The future is not only coming, it’s now.
The OP Account Executive’s role is to control and progress jobs efficiently through the agency system and to be the day-to-day client contact on allocated areas, delivering high quality work and world-class client service that creates strong relationships with clients.
The successful candidate will have a passion to work in a fast pace and agile environment whilst providing a best in class organic performance offering. The role is a fantastic opportunity for an Account Executive to get a full understanding of how search works and is integrated with other performance channels. There are fantastic opportunities to grow and develop within Wavemaker.
- Help Wavemaker to realise its ambition to be its client’s most trusted and valued business partner.
- Responsible for timely and accurate delivery of analysis and reporting.
- Assisting in answering ad-hoc client and internal requests.
- Providing high quality client service.
- Updating status reports.
- Pro-actively supporting the account team.
- Working efficiently and seeking training to fill knowledge gaps.
- Keeping SOX folders up to date and manage financial processes with precision and accuracy.
- Contribute to innovative digital content solutions and build fantastic working relationships with colleagues in other disciplines within the agency, including paid teams, to ensure an integrated approach to marketing campaigns.
- Support your manager or director with aspects of product development when appropriate
- Demonstrating an enterprising and pro-active attitude to all client dealings.
- Representing your client’s interests in Wavemaker.
- Show due diligence through uptake of account hygiene best practices, highlighting any areas of concern to your manager or director.
- Ensuring all client requests are met and surpassed in a timely, professional, and efficient manner, with client expectation managed effectively.
- Setting up meetings and book meeting rooms where required.
- Producing contact reports following all meetings and key phone/conference calls.
- Producing timing plans and roadmaps.
- Working with account manager to ensure SOWs are met
- Supporting the team to ensure that client KPI’s and objectives are met.
- Working with Manager to research and prepare background information for briefs/presentations/pitches.
- Monitoring of and response to market updates, and supplying Account Manager with updates to risk log.
- Developing and maintaining a strong relationship of trust and respect with the client contacts.
- Developing an understanding of the client’s business, brand, sector, competitors, and audiences.
- Be an effective ambassador for Wavemaker in all dealings.
- Exhibit Wavemaker Behaviours and a positive attitude within the business at all times
- Ensure all campaigns are delivered to Wavemaker/GroupM/Auditor guidelines.
- Full responsibility for completion of timesheets that meet weekly deadlines
- Developing digital content and SEO knowledge.
- Organic traffic growth for clients
- Contribution to commercial growth
- Monitoring of and response to market updates and updates to risk log.
- First class client satisfaction via formal and informal feedback.
- Assisting in new business opportunities.
- Effective management of financial processes and profitability.
- Accurate and timely supply of requested work.
- Team satisfaction via 360º and informal feedback.
- Evidence of effective internal relationship building and integration with other digital/media channels
- Make an active contribution to the team and Wavemaker.
- Lead by example with time keeping and administration
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Understanding of SEO tools such as aHrefs, Screaming Frog and Majestic.
- Moderate tech SEO knowledge
- Moderate content strategy understanding
- Good understanding of keyword mapping
- Ability to interpret and manage client requests.
- Passion for outstanding client service.
- Strong organisational skills.
- Excellent numerical skills and good ability to work with Excel.
- Good PowerPoint skills with experience of creating client presentations.
- Creative thinking
- Ability to work autonomously where appropriate
- Show a pro-active approach to challenge requirements and delivery
- Ability to interpret data into meaningful insights
- Analytical skills, evaluation of key trends and client results data.
- Second language skills are also desirable
We are an equal opportunities employer. All GroupM agencies are equal opportunities employers and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, gender identity, disability, culture/religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.