International - Global Data Manager
Job Title: Global Data Manager
About the Opportunity: Global Data Manager will be responsible for managing operations of MediaCom’s proprietary media planning and reporting tool across a range of clients. The role will involve:
- Working closely with various teams (planning, account management, insight etc.) across the MediaCom global network, evaluating their needs and requirements and translating them into specifications for tool’s configuration and feature set.
- Handling projects to deliver the tool implementation for MediaCom Clients, from the initial conversations through to project planning, implementation, launch and completion, ensuring they are delivered within scope and meet time/budget requirements
- Maintaining regular communication with stakeholders and wider business to ensure that the business is informed on the progression of projects and ensures that initiatives are being introduced and developed to best meet stakeholder and market needs.
- Reporting and escalating any critical items which may impact project progression
- Managing the ongoing maintenance of the tool, ensuring all queries and issues are resolved in an efficient manner, briefing and overseeing data coordinators to deliver user support tasks, trainings, bug reports etc.
- Strong understanding of media plan data, researching client business to gain better understanding of their media plans’ structure, parameters and metrics
- Supporting project director in defining and delivering the roadmap for the tool’s development
- Working closely with other teams within Global Data Solutions to promote integration of the tools within our toolset and deliver the best offer to our clients
- Working closely with the development partners, managing relationships and optimising the working process, ensuring their deliveries consistently meet our requirements.
- Championing the tool across the agency network, advocating its advantages, driving adoption and helping existing users to maximise the value.
A Day in the Life:
- Conduct a meeting with the client team to capture requirements for configuration
- Draft the scope and timeline for the project
- Brief data co-ordinator to review requests submitted by users and schedule user trainings
- Capture requirements for a new feature to be developed and brief the development team
- Updating the client on the progress of their configuration process.
3 best things about the job:
- You will join one of the fastest growing teams within the company
- While focusing on and becoming an expert in data management and tools, you will also have the opportunity to be closely involved in and learn a lot about client businesses
- You will work in a fast paced but friendly and informal environment
In 3 months you will:
Gain solid knowledge about our proprietary media planning and reporting tool and be ready to complete key configuration and project management tasks on your own
In 6 months you will have:
You will take more responsibility for client deliverables within the team
Where you’ll be at the end of your first year:
You will start managing client projects on your own
What we’re looking for in you:
- 2+ years experience in a media agency (client side or a mix will also be considered) preferably in an international account management role
- All academic backgrounds will be considered – qualifications in maths, data, media of interest
- Passion for data including strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Exceptional organisational skills, ability to multi-task
- Self-starter with a positive attitude
- Advanced level of Microsoft Excel, good competency in Word and PowerPoint
- People management experience of managing and developing executives would be of benefit
- Good communication and language skills
- Highly organised with strong multi-tasking skills and attention to detail
- Demonstrated ability to work with multiple teams and stakeholders while maintaining focus
- Strong team player and experience working in a collaborative, fast-paced environment
Following skills will be an advantage, but are not required:
- Foreign language knowledge
- Experience in a database, media, or business-facing technical environment
- Understanding software development process and management
What’s in it for you!
As part of the GroupM and WPP network, our benefits are incredibly comprehensive and you’ll have plenty of fantastic benefits to choose from. We’ve listed a few below - and there are many more on offer:
- Superb development opportunities and ongoing support throughout your career
- Stunning London-based offices with on-site bar, cafe and roof terrace
- 25 days’ holiday from the get-go, increasing with length of service
- Season ticket loan, subsidised gym memberships, private medical (BUPA) and life assurance
- We also have a regular events calendar including company socials, sports clubs, a range of on-site services including health screenings, financial management workshops, manicures and massages.
At MediaCom, we know that our people are our greatest asset in making us the UK’s leading agency and so we make sure our employees are rewarded and looked after in terms of career growth, social life and personal welfare. The MediaCom network comprises of 4,600 people working in 113 offices in 89 countries and we are proud to call some of the world's most successful brands our clients, including P&G, DLG, and Coca-Cola.
Despite our growth over the years we work hard at retaining our creative and inclusive approach and aspire to our five pillars in every aspect of our work: Creativity, New Business, Citizenship, Bravery and Loving our Clients. We believe that by putting our People First, we deliver Better Results for our clients and create a great place for everyone to enjoy their work. For more information, please visit http://www.mediacom.com
GroupM is an equal opportunity employer. We view every individual as exactly that, individual. We hire despite peoples differences, not because of them. We understand that inclusion is more than just diversity. We celebrate the fact that everyone is unique. That’s what makes us so good at what we do. At GroupM we pride ourselves on being a company that can truly represent the global clients we work with.
If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you can email us via TalentTeam.UK@GroupM.com.