Comms Planning Manager - DFS
DFS is a high-profile, dynamic and diverse account. It is one of the biggest in the agency, and one of the biggest and most recognisable advertisers in the UK. This role represents a great opportunity for a forward thinking and dynamic media planner to build their experience working across all media channels, and to build their experience as a trusted adviser to clients.
This role will sit within the UK planning team with the successful candidate also overseeing DFS’ international markets, specifically Netherlands and Ireland. This role will involve working with clients and colleagues in those markets. DFS are a commercially successful business with a keen interest in delivering best-in-class media strategy every day, whilst also looking to explore the new and different .
3 best things about the job:
- Working on one of the biggest clients in MediaCom in a multi-award winning team
- Contributing to and delivering award winning work on one of the biggest advertising clients in the country
- Working with some of MediaCom’s offices in other countries – Netherland & Ireland
Measures of success –
In three months, you would have:
- Met the UK clients as well as their counterparts in ROI and Amsterdam
- Integrated yourself into the Planning team, as well as Connect and the relevant teams in the other MediaCom offices
In six months, you would have:
- Built solid relationships with your clients and internal stakeholders
- Helped to coach and develop the Planner, Senior Planner and Apprentice on the team
- Developed a process to align the UK Planning with that of the other markets
In 12 months, you would have:
- Regular contact with clients and MediaCom colleagues in ROI and Amsterdam
- Proactively share and support strategies across the markets
- Understand the campaign structure of DFS and supported in managing the strategy planning and implementation
Responsibilities of the role:
We are looking for a proactive, organised and friendly member of the team to help us continue to deliver award-winning work on DFS, but also to better align us with the other DFS markets. This would involve regular contact with not only UK clients and MediaCom UK stakeholders but also those in ROI and Amsterdam, along with occasional travel to those areas. The team is made of up one Business Director, two Associate Directors, a Senior Planner, a Planner and an Apprentice place as part of rotation, so coaching and developing the team will also be an important part of the role.
What you will need:
- Excellent client handling skills
- Good management, delegation and prioritisation skills
- Passion and interest in strategic planning as well as experience of implementational media delivery
- Fun member of the team who can build relationships with clients and be a part of a positive and friendly team
*Although we cannot make guarantees, we welcome conversations about flexible working for all roles at MediaCom London*
MediaCom is “The Content + Connections Agency”, working on behalf of its clients to leverage their brands’ entire system of communications across paid, owned and earned channels to step change their business outcomes.
Employing over 1,200 staff across 5 regional offices, MediaCom is the leading agency in the UK in terms of billings. Its client roster includes British Sky Broadcasting, DFS, GlaxoSmithKline, Tesco and Cancer Research UK.
Our people are at the heart of everything we do; we firmly believe in our “People First, Better Results” philosophy and want to be certain that work is always challenging, engaging and satisfying. We aim to ensure that that our employees’ skills are constantly evolving, and so provide all MediaCom staff with training and development and regular appraisals to enhance their performances and guarantee great results for them and the company.
We also strive to change traditional attitudes to workplace culture by offering a more holistic view of employees' aspirations. There are numerous initiatives for MediaCommers to take part in, from the Social Club to Mindfulness Training, to help ensure that our employees thoroughly enjoy their experience here.
We aim to be the only agency that talented people want to work for. We do this, not only by stimulating and challenging our people through great work and outstanding clients, but by providing a variety of learning programs, cultural initiatives and an exciting environment to invigorate our employees personal and professional career development.
MediaCom is a member of WPP, the world's largest marketing communications services group, and part of GroupM, WPP’s consolidated media investment management arm.
To find out more about MediaCom visit us here: www.mediacom.co.uk
Follow us on Twitter: www.twitter.com/MediaComUK
Follow us on Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/mediacomuk/?hl=en
GroupM is an equal opportunity employer. We view every individual as exactly that, individual. We hire despite peoples differences, not because of them. We understand that inclusion is more than just diversity. We celebrate the fact that everyone is unique. That’s what makes us so good at what we do. At GroupM we pride ourselves on being a company that can truly represent the global clients we work with.
If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you can email us via firstname.lastname@example.org.