Digital Planning Manager - Boots
The Digital Manager is one of the most valuable positions on our client’s business. Managers are the conduit between long-term strategy and implementation across all digital channels, balanced with commercial acumen and business understanding. Their job is to use insight derived from data across all sources and create integrated digital plans that not only exceed client expectations but deliver on the KPIs our clients set, through a commercially viable framework.
The Digital Manager must cut through complexity in digital, to deliver solutions that can meet any requirement, from driving more sales to understanding what a long-term content strategy should be. They should not only be capable as a 360-digital media expert across Display, Search, Social and Affiliates, but also can translate, connect, and advise on broader digital themes such as Data Strategy, Creative, Content, Partnerships, and E-Commerce.
3 best things about the job:
1. Running a variety of brands, all with different levels of digital proficiency – some being well versed in digital, some requiring digital transformation
2. Working with a wide variety of specialists and generalists in one integrated team, providing great learning opportunities
3. Opportunity to stamp your own mark on the role, creating an integrated media strategy on one of MediaCom’s largest clients
Measures of success –
In three months, you would have:
• Developed a strong link with the Trading Leads, have a solid understanding business pressures and targets
• Developed strong working relationships internally with Communications Planning and Specialist teams
• Build strong relationships with day to day clients, working closely with the team.
• Pushing forward all channels and worked out 100 day plans for key clients
In six months, you would have:
• Taken hold of the client across all departments and ensuring the central strategy is being executed and the client are continually testing, learning and innovating
• Built strong relationships with media owners, be keeping up to date with the latest developments from these media owners for your key clients
• Devised a plan on how to grow your clients in your area – both in terms of innovation and commerciality
In 12 months, you would have:
• Stepping into a leadership role on the account as an all-round digital leader
• Stepping into new business to deliver digital brilliance on prospective clients
• Developed the team underneath you in your mould.
Responsibilities of the role:
• Oversee and develop a team of digital generalists and specialists
• Be a strong leader and mentor and lead by example
• Develop relationships with day to day clients and internally with other departments
• Maintain strong relationships with media owners
• Ensure that you are delivering brilliant basics in digital implementation planning
• Meetings and conference calls with Planners and clients
• Response to brief presentations
• Work on proposals based on media owner ideas / solutions
• Work closely with Planning to ensure effective briefing is in place to ensure the best implementational planning possible
• Work closely with Investment to ensure campaign set up is in line with implementational response with best in class buying and execution
• Work closely with Trading Leads to deliver clients’ buying targets (for relevant clients)• Ensure we have exhausted all PSL routes, before putting non-PSL partners on plan (for relevant clients)
• Ensure that client finance is in order to ensure no late payment and loss of income
What you will need:
• 360 digital channels understanding (Search, Social, Display)
• Strategic digital skills
• Solid commercial acumen
• Strong attention to detail, proactivity and can-do attitude
• Ability to captivate, challenge and inspire clients
• Ability to hold difficult conversations confidently
• Strong team management and people skills
• Ability to extract and filter relevant insights/ research to support planning decisions
• Ability to make sense of large, complex data set
• Good communicator
• Natural curiosity
• Genuine interest in industry research and new ways of working
• Strives to deliver award winning work and industry leading innovation
• Good presentation skills
• Media buying experience
• Trafficking experience
*Although we cannot make guarantees, we welcome conversations about flexible working for all roles at MediaCom London*
MediaCom is “The Content + Connections Agency”, working on behalf of its clients to leverage their brands’ entire system of communications across paid, owned and earned channels to step change their business outcomes.
Employing over 1,200 staff across 5 regional offices, MediaCom is the leading agency in the UK in terms of billings. Its client roster includes British Sky Broadcasting, DFS, Tesco and Cancer Research UK.
Our people are at the heart of everything we do; we firmly believe in our “People First, Better Results” philosophy and want to be certain that work is always challenging, engaging and satisfying.
We aim to ensure that that our employees’ skills are constantly evolving, and so provide all MediaCom staff with training and development and regular appraisals to enhance their performances and guarantee great results for them and the company. We also strive to change traditional attitudes to workplace culture by offering a more holistic view of employees' aspirations.
There are numerous initiatives for MediaCommers to take part in, from the Social Club to Mindfulness Training, to help ensure that our employees thoroughly enjoy their experience here.
We aim to be the only agency that talented people want to work for. We do this, not only by stimulating and challenging our people through great work and outstanding clients, but by providing a variety of learning programs, cultural initiatives and an exciting environment to invigorate our employees personal and professional career development.
MediaCom is a member of WPP, the world's largest marketing communications services group, and part of GroupM, WPP’s consolidated media investment management arm.
To find out more about MediaCom visit us here: www.mediacom.co.uk Follow us on Twitter: www.twitter.com/MediaComUK Follow us on Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/mediacomuk/?hl=en
GroupM is an equal opportunity employer. We view every individual as exactly that, individual. We hire despite peoples differences, not because of them. We understand that inclusion is more than just diversity. We celebrate the fact that everyone is unique. That’s what makes us so good at what we do. At GroupM we pride ourselves on being a company that can truly represent the global clients we work with.
If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you can email us via TalentTeam.UK@GroupM.com.