European Media Manager, GTB
GTB is an award winning innovative agency model designed to deliver true ‘integration’ within the speed, diversity and potential of modern communications - bringing together best of breed data, media, advertising, technology and creative under one roof in multiple markets around the world.
We are a global network of agencies and part of the WPP group. Our founding client is The Ford Motor Company and we are responsible for 90% of Ford’s communication budget, forming the world’s biggest integrated communications partnership.
As a part of a “full service” agency the GTB Planning team is a unique blend of Brand, Communications, Specialist Digital and Media planners all working together with the same brief, the same team and the same objectives. This role sits within the European Media team that are a crucial linchpin between European Planning and Market media investment teams.
As the EU Media AM you will be directly responsible for a team of 2 who work together to manage and maintain the European media budgets. Key to this role is to oversee the maintenance & reporting on European media budgets, build credibility for the agency’s ability to provide insight and support on Media performance and be the first point of contact for agency teams when there is a Media question that needs answers.
Roles and Responsibilities
1. Team leadership
• Lead monthly media plan reporting cycle – from central briefing of local teams through to monitoring their plan uploads and then delivering the monthly media report
• Help troubleshoot problems in local markets and reporting market plans/issues to the central team and clients
• Ensure a strong understanding of key markets and their plans both digital and non-digitalCSI management & market coordination (shared)
• Set up new structures & media monitoring ‘wiring’ as new project present themselves
2. Investment Insights & Reporting
• Work with team to glean insights about market successes and opportunities to support communications planning process
• Identify opportunities to improve existing report automation
• Work with markets to develop & maintain market insights on:
- Effectiveness: BIC market case studies on media investment & industry insights
- Competitive data: regularly provide updates on competitive activity spends across markets
3. Market Management
• Work closely with line reports to deliver monthly CSI reporting including; local European market media plans, budget 1 pagers, nameplate 1 pagers, quarterly data for the annual and quarterly reviews and any other media investment ad hoc requests (including global and financial requests)
• Work with your team to manage the media investment in each of the markets, understanding the local plans, local requirements against FoE objectives and business needs.
• Support your Business Director to manage the Annual Planning Process and monitor investment laydown to ensure market plans deliver against the central brief
• Work with your team to ensure good knowledge of the annual market plans
• Responsible for delivering annual updates to the media landscapes and planning parameters for your set of markets
- Attend, and contribute to, team meetings. Raise internal issues which affect the morale or job performance of the Account Group/Agency.
- Willingness to undertake any other duties as may be required from time to time.
- A flexible attitude to the role’s working hours – role includes deadlines.
It is essential that you have previous experience in a media role. Experience working across multiple markets is desirable. An exposure to working with creative agencies – planners, strategists and creatives will be an asset.
Experience, Qualifications & Skills
Demonstration of ability to monitor media strategies across multiple markets & stakeholders
Previous experience in media planning & buying
Proven ability to present with confidence to client stakeholders & build client relationships
Software & tools: excellent Excel & Powerpoint, demonstrated competence in key media tools eg TGI,
Previous experience in Automotive preferred
Ability to work across multiple projects and with multiple stakeholders in the same time frame along with the ability prioritise the various tasks at hand
This is a fantastic entry point in to a unique integrated agency. You will be given the opportunity to work with a range of different skilled individuals in an environment that encourages active participation in delivering great work for our clients. We encourage employees to take an active role in their personal development and will look for opportunities for you to grow your skills.
GroupM is an equal opportunity employer. We view every individual as exactly that, individual. We hire despite peoples differences, not because of them. We understand that inclusion is more than just diversity. We celebrate the fact that everyone is unique. That’s what makes us so good at what we do. At GroupM we pride ourselves on being a company that can truly represent the global clients we work with.
If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you can email us via TalentTeam.UK@GroupM.com.