Senior Planner - Boots Retail
We are looking for a competent and highly recommended senior planner, to is looking for that next step in their career to developing into a solid manager with valuable or looking to gain excellent retail experience. They will demonstrate that they can manage junior team members, delegate work effectively and make confident decisions/prioritise responsibilities in accordance with changes in daily demands, ad hoc requests and team headcount.
Boots retail covers all Boots’ owned products within the beauty, skincare, healthcare, hearing care, opticians and event/gifting categories.
The successful candidate will work directly with the team communications planning manager and associate director to ensure that each campaign displays through-the-line integration, delivers against mandatory planning principles and includes on-going test and learn recommendations. They will also start to think about ways in which the over-arching campaign (as well as media plans within), can be measured, reported and extra income earned.
3 best things about the job:
- Gaining experience of the Retail sector is all-encompassing. It’s fast, fun, detailed, competitive and the self-management skills learnt will turn you into a highly competent and trusted team member
- Now that all Boots’ agencies are within the WPP family, we work together as one team; media, creative, publishing and PR – this is a unique opportunity to learn more about the other disciplines whilst offering valuable and valued, 360 degree support
- As the UK’s leading pharmacy-led health and beauty retailer, this doesn’t mean that we have the privilege of standing still. We might have the biggest presence on the high street (with over 2,500 stores), but challenger brands such as Superdrug and Holland & Barrett are boldly speaking to new audiences; key segments that we must win if we are to grow market share. We must encourage Boots to step outside their comfort zone; to create, to disrupt and to change perceptions – are you in!?
Measures of success –
In three months, you would have:
- A clear understanding of the Boots Retail BAU planning and buying process
- Developed relationships with key clients and agency contacts
- Taken responsibility of ensuring that all weekly/regular reporting and financial tracking is being adhered to within the agreed time frames and without error
- Become a trusted member of the team with a voice who is keen to share, advise and support those more junior to them
In six months, you would have:
- Taken responsibility for several campaigns
- Taken responsibility for leading media owner, agency and client meetings/reporting calls
- Stepped into a wider/annual planning role
In 12 months, you would have:
- Managed the whole end-to-end planning process across multiple campaigns and be working closely with all key internal teams to ensure that the best practice planning is being delivered
- Started to manage the workload and development of another team member
- Taken an active role in suggesting new opportunities to test, measure and put forward for an award
Responsibilities of the role:
The senior planner should:
- Provide invaluable team support, to those more junior to them and those more senior member of the team
- Share learnings, insights, industry research and internal updates with the team at regular huddles/status meetings
- Be the first point of contact for connect and day-to-day clients
- Support the training and development of the team execs, ensuring that a plan is put in place detailing key milestones, recommending relevant seminars/webinars/sessions of interest that will educate, motivate and inspire
- Take a proactive approach in sharing new news and providing clients with relevant industry, internal or competitive updates
- Support the team with problem solving and show a willingness to de-prioritise current tasks to help others (within the team) that may need additional support
What you will need:
The senior planner will support the communications planning manager – together they will ensure that the client is being provided with the best possible set of media plans, on time, accompanied by a thorough rationale including competitor, industry and past performance context. You will also be supporting the associate director with additional short-term and longer-term projects, such as audience segmentation, digital development and channel team integration.
- At least 2 years’ experience as a senior planner or similar role
- A positive attitude and ability to motivate, stimulate and encourage positivity from the team
- An exceptional eye for detail and an analytical mindset
- Excellent communicative and presentation skills
*Although we cannot make guarantees, we welcome conversations about flexible working for all roles at MediaCom London*
MediaCom is “The Content + Connections Agency”, working on behalf of its clients to leverage their brands’ entire system of communications across paid, owned and earned channels to step change their business outcomes.
Employing over 1,200 staff across 5 regional offices, MediaCom is the leading agency in the UK in terms of billings. Its client roster includes British Sky Broadcasting, DFS, adidas, Tesco and Cancer Research UK.
Our people are at the heart of everything we do; we firmly believe in our “People First, Better Results” philosophy and want to be certain that work is always challenging, engaging and satisfying. We aim to ensure that that our employees’ skills are constantly evolving, and so provide all MediaCom staff with training and development and regular appraisals to enhance their performances and guarantee great results for them and the company.
We also strive to change traditional attitudes to workplace culture by offering a more holistic view of employees' aspirations. There are numerous initiatives for MediaCommers to take part in, from the Social Club to Mindfulness Training, to help ensure that our employees thoroughly enjoy their experience here.
We aim to be the only agency that talented people want to work for. We do this, not only by stimulating and challenging our people through great work and outstanding clients, but by providing a variety of learning programs, cultural initiatives and an exciting environment to invigorate our employees personal and professional career development.
MediaCom is a member of WPP, the world's largest marketing communications services group, and part of GroupM, WPP’s consolidated media investment management arm.
To find out more about MediaCom visit us here: www.mediacom.co.uk
Follow us on Twitter: www.twitter.com/MediaComUK
Follow us on Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/mediacomuk/?hl=en
GroupM is an equal opportunity employer. We view every individual as exactly that, individual. We hire despite peoples differences, not because of them. We understand that inclusion is more than just diversity. We celebrate the fact that everyone is unique. That’s what makes us so good at what we do. At GroupM we pride ourselves on being a company that can truly represent the global clients we work with.
If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you can email us via TalentTeam.UK@GroupM.com.