Business Science Worldwide – Econometrician
MediaCom develops fully-connected communications systems, fueled by the best, most engaging content. Our objective is to help clients meet their business objectives, and we are experts at optimizing exactly the right mix of traditional and digital media, along with creating content, on the channels that consumers use most. MediaCom is one of the world’s leading media communications specialists, with billings exceeding US$33 billion (Source: RECMA 2015). We employ 7,500 people in 125 offices across 100 countries around the globe, and service exceptional clients. We are a member of WPP, the largest marketing communications services group in the world.
Set up over twenty year ago; this specialist analytics team is part of the Growth Intelligence Unit within MediaCom. Business Science ensures MediaCom delivers meaningful Outcomes for our clients by measuring what matters and hard-wiring insights back into the planning and buying processes to drive business results.
The Worldwide team acts as a catalyst for many of our global clients ensuring best practice across a range of disciplines such as: budgeting, KPI & measurement frameworks, results management and reporting outcomes. We often conduct measurement studies; bringing in other teams as appropriate. The key clients we are currently recruiting for are Adidas, Universal and Mars.
Objectives of the Role
We expect our econometricians to be both technically excellent and produce solutions that explain how communications influence sales in a way that inspires great media planning and buying. You will be responsible for building modelling projects within a small team working together to ensure smooth delivery and client satisfaction.
As part of the Worldwide team you will be relied upon to solve problems and drive new and innovative working practices as part of regular client work and to collaborate on new business efforts.
Duties and Responsibilities
· This role reports into a Senior Econometrician who will support you and help to develop your skills
· You will be involved in the development of the analytics solution and own the building of models from the start to delivery
· You will work with junior team members to process data efficiently and to ensure quality control
· We will encourage you to develop insights from your models; with support from team members
· Supporting our commitment to advanced analytical measurement including the application of AI and ML to automate data processing and model building
- Engaged with the test and learn agenda
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Willing to participate in discussions and development of technical solutions
- Keen to develop a detailed awareness of client business issues, industry trends, consumer trends, promotional resources, market status, and competition
- Understanding of the principles of marketing and advertising, as well as an understanding of media concepts and terms, creative and budget requirements
- Experience with a range of econometric modelling solutions
- Knowledge of typical tools and techniques used in marketing analytics
- Keen attention to detail, a questioning mindset
- Calm under pressure and able to juggle multiple projects/clients
Qualifications and Experience
· Bachelor’s Degree preferred, advanced degree a plus
· Experience in an advertising agency is preferred
· Strong MS Office experience
· Strong knowledge of E-views, R, or other statistical software packages
· Good written and verbal communication skills
Able to work under pressure
GroupM is an equal opportunity employer. We view everyone as an individual and we understand that inclusion is more than just diversity – it’s about belonging. We celebrate the fact that everyone is unique and that’s what makes us so good at what we do. We pride ourselves on being a company that embraces difference and truly represents the global clients we work with.
If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please email us via TalentTeam.UK@GroupM.com.