We need an enthusiastic and passionate Paid Social Planner Buyer to manage some of the largest brands and biggest spenders in the UK market in this fast-growing digital specialism. Our Planner Buyers are responsible for the planning, account management, optimisation and reporting of social media advertising for MediaCom UK’s largest and most prestigious brand & direct response clients
Reporting of the role
This role reports to the team Paid Social Manager.
3 best things about the job:
1. You’ll be part of tight-knit, dedicated team who live and breathe social and whose comradery is contagious!
2. You’ll have unprecedented access to alpha, betas and first to market social media products and platforms.
3. You’ll be at the coalface collaborating directly with media owners, creative agencies and our clients.
Measures of success:
1. Successful end to end management of multiple Paid Social campaigns across a portfolio of clients. Our Planner Buyers act as account managers, with exceptional organisational skills, able to manage all aspects of campaign delivery from the initial response to brief, liaison with creative agency and client contacts, set-up, optimisation, reporting and post-campaign analysis.
2. Established as a Paid Social expert across multiple Social platforms
A Paid Social Planner Buyer works in client facing capacity directly with clients and internal Planning teams so needs to be the expert voice in the room for the channel at all times.
3. Proven account management skills Excellent time management, analytical and organisational skills alongside a high attention to detail are the lifeblood of our Planner Buyers and the foundation of all future progression.
4. Become an integral member of the Paid Social department Our team culture is very important to us and there are lots of opportunities to get involved and work closely as a team. Knowledge sharing, working in our buddy system, mentoring our Executives and work shadowing are some of the areas we ask our Planner Buyers to participate in for the good of the wider group.
In three months, you would have:
Established media owner, client and internal Planning team relationships
Successfully managed, optimised and delivered Paid Social campaigns across Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Snapchat and Pinterest.
Completed all key training areas required to perform the role across MediaCom, GroupM and external Media Owner modules.
What you will need:
To be passionate about all things social!
Have an inquisitive and keen to learn attitude.
Strong organisational skills.
You will have managed Paid Social campaigns before on Facebook as a minimum, but other platforms are a bonus and can hit the ground running as a specialist from day 1.
You have strong inter-personal relationship skills and can be an ambassador for the Paid Social team at all times, both within the agency and at external client meetings and industry events.
You will be someone who loves to work as part of a team.
MediaCom is “The Content + Connections Agency”, working on behalf of its clients to leverage their brands’ entire system of communications across paid, owned and earned channels to step change their business outcomes.
Employing over 1,200 staff across 5 regional offices, MediaCom is the leading agency in the UK in terms of billings. Its client roster includes British Sky Broadcasting, DFS, Tesco and Cancer Research UK.
Our people are at the heart of everything we do; we firmly believe in our “People First, Better Results” philosophy and want to be certain that work is always challenging, engaging and satisfying.
We aim to ensure that that our employees’ skills are constantly evolving, and so provide all MediaCom staff with training and development and regular appraisals to enhance their performances and guarantee great results for them and the company.
We also strive to change traditional attitudes to workplace culture by offering a more holistic view of employees' aspirations. There are numerous initiatives for MediaCommers to take part in, from the Social Club to Mindfulness Training, to help ensure that our employees thoroughly enjoy their experience here.
We aim to be the only agency that talented people want to work for. We do this, not only by stimulating and challenging our people through great work and outstanding clients, but by providing a variety of learning programs, cultural initiatives and an exciting environment to invigorate our employees personal and professional career development.
MediaCom is a member of WPP, the world's largest marketing communications services group, and part of GroupM, WPP’s consolidated media investment management arm.
GroupM is an equal opportunity employer. We view every individual as exactly that, individual. We hire despite peoples differences, not because of them. We understand that inclusion is more than just diversity. We celebrate the fact that everyone is unique. That’s what makes us so good at what we do. At GroupM we pride ourselves on being a company that can truly represent the global clients we work with.
If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you can email us via TalentTeam.UK@GroupM.com.