Account Executive (Media Planning & Buying)
Job Title: Account Executive
About the role, the team and what we are looking for:
PLUS is a bespoke, global agency created exclusively for CHANEL by WPP. It is focused on bringing about a step-change in CHANEL’s global, regional and local communications, by drawing upon the best talent and resource from across WPP.
This role is a unique position, as it is focused in the PLUS team which handles the CHANEL account, but it also connects into the wider teams of Mindshare.
This is an incredible opportunity to join a vibrant team that works on the world’s number one luxury brand. The role principally spans UK and Ireland print and digital buying. You will be working with our magazines and national press partners (across their print and tablet editions), as well as our digital partners.
You should in your application demonstrate your genuine passion and interest in the luxury market. Of all accounts, sharing the enthusiasm and excitement of the client media team is essential.
Professional, bright, and enthusiastic, you will enjoy developing your network of contacts across the market as you represent our clients. You will also benefit from being exposed to many other disciplines including AV, Biddable Social and Search.
- Develop and demonstrate a thorough understanding of all print and digital media
- Assist in all areas of day-to-day print and digital campaign management to meet clients’ business objectives and KPIs - from initial brief, constructing a plan, negotiating, and buying space, to post-campaign performance reviews
- Manage day-to-day delivery of print and digital media and the associated administration - compiling weekly client reports, regular campaign optimisation, trafficking, tag delivery, live checks, vouching, analyse data and report on trends, media owner requests and issues, resolve straightforward campaign delivery issues or problems
- Learn and demonstrate a thorough understanding of all planning tools – including Adrelevance, ComScore, AdDynamix, Telmar, TGI and NRS
- Actively seek creative and innovative media solutions to achieve our ambition of inventing the future of media
- Evaluate Affinity media options and demonstrate knowledge of the print and digital marketplace
- Actively seek opportunities to deliver our ambition to invent the future of media
- Contribute to and present implementational plans and campaign results both internally and externally, working closely with other disciplines within the agency
- Ensure that all media buys are reconciled and print bookings are vouched within five working days
- Ensure that campaign naming convention is adhered to across Excel plans, ad server, Metis and Adazzle
- Assist management of all billing/invoicing requirements for clients
- Ensure all client requests are met and surpassed and manage client expectation effectively
- Respond to all client requests in a timely, professional, and efficient manner
- Develop and demonstrate an understanding of the client industry sector, the competitors within that sector and the general industry environment
- Understand your client’s business and build a good relationship with them
- Contribute to the creation of client status, planning and review meetings/documents
- Understand all buying guarantees that Mindshare are contracted to deliver on your clients’ business
- Understand the audit process and methodology for benchmarking your buying performance
- Ensure proper process is followed in relation to SOX compliance and plan approval/purchase order receipt before campaigns go live
- Develop a strong relationship with other digital disciplines (PPC, SEO, Biddable Social, Affiliates) to maximise digital knowledge and understand how they work together
- Establish an understanding of how Affinity fits into the overall marketing mix
- Develop collaborative relationships with the other departments within Mindshare to deliver an integrated service to clients
- Be fully aware of all deal parameters within both Mindshare and GroupM and their effect on planning/buying targets
- Where relevant, work with Xaxis/PBU. Understand its technical capabilities and product suite, and feedback regularly on campaign performance.
- Work collaboratively with and support the Affinity Account Manager to ensure all department, agency and client objectives are met
- Develop strong relationships with relevant media owners at an appropriate level
- Develop relationships with necessary external agencies on relevant client businesses to ensure an integrated approach (e.g. creative)
- Be an effective ambassador for Mindshare in all dealings
What’s in it for you!
As part of the GroupM and WPP network, our Mindshare benefits are incredibly comprehensive, and you’ll have plenty of fantastic benefits to choose from. We’ve listed a few below - and there are many more on offer:
- Superb development opportunities and ongoing support throughout your career
- Light, open-plan office space with roof terrace, onsite bar and stunning views over central London
- 25 days’ holiday from the get-go, increasing with length of service
- Season ticket loan, subsidised gym memberships, private medical (BUPA) and life assurance.
- We also have a range of on-site services including health screenings, financial management workshops, manicures and massages
How to apply: Please apply online via this advertisement and send us your CV and a covering letter.
Applications will be reviewed via our GroupM Future Talent. Please note that we require all applicants to have the full right to work in the UK, without sponsorship. If you require any assistance throughout your recruitment process, please call the Future Talent Team on 02071585400 to discuss your requirements.
Mindshare sits in the space where data, content and technology collide. We are a leading global marketing and media services network with billings of more than £23billion worldwide. The network consists of 97 offices in 67 countries throughout the USA, Latin America, Europe, Middle East, and Asia Pacific; each dedicated to forging competitive marketing advantage for businesses and their brands.
We invest heavily in staff development. Training is extensive from the most junior level with mock pitches, cross-media training, and learning modules in conjunction with the GroupM University. We work hard to create a coaching culture across the agency and have launched training programmes including a “Future Leaders Programme” which is a 12-month modular learning course designed to accelerate staff development and to expose employees to new areas of the business, and in January 2012 Huddle was launched- an innovative future planning discussion collaborating across our global network. Find out more here: www.mindshareworld.com/uk/huddle
It’s not all work here - Mindshare hold social events for everyone including festive and summer parties and monthly get-togethers. February 2012 saw Mindshare’s first subsidised ski-trip, which was a roaring success and is now into its 6th year!
If you’d like to know more about life at GroupM and our agencies, you can search for ‘GroupM UK Careers’ on all major social media platforms.
GroupM is an equal opportunity employer. We view every individual as exactly that, individual. We hire despite peoples differences, not because of them. We understand that inclusion is more than just diversity. We celebrate the fact that everyone is unique. That’s what makes us so good at what we do. At GroupM we pride ourselves on being a company that can truly represent the global clients we work with.
If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you can email us via TalentTeam.UK@GroupM.com.