Digital Planner - Mars
Mars have world famous, well loved brands including Snickers, Galaxy, Maltesers and Whiskas and they continue to be at the forefront of the advertising industry by driving innovation and effectiveness.
At MediaCom we are expanding our remit for Mars to including buying aswell as comms planning and we are proud of the heritage and expertise we bring. This is proven by not only winning Agency of the Year at 2018 MediaWeek Awards but also buy the individual awards we won for Snickers innovation aswell as Best Use of Audio with Spotify.
Moving into 2019 on Mars we have a unique industry leading & transformative media vision at the heart of which is the use of data applied intelligently to drive more effective demand and conversion. We need the best people to help drive this forwards as we build a team fit for the future.
Overview of job
We need an ambitious and motivated digital planner to work across the Mars account. Working in a newly formed team the digital planner will be responsible for planning and managing Mars’ digital campaigns across multiple products including; M&M’s, Whiskas, Dolmio and Galaxy.
3 best things about the job:
- Work on a client who are hungry to try new digital media platforms and have a rigorous testing strategy that goes beyond standard FMCG advertising.
- Opportunity to work on projects that can be rolled out on a global level.
- Get a better understanding of how Mars chocolate is made, with lots of free samples!
In three months, you would have:
- Established strong relationship with Mediacom Planning team to understand client’s business objectives and strategies.
- Make decisions on best digital publishers to deliver on client’s objectives
- Established strong relationships with media owners, day to day client contacts, and internal stakeholders.
- Effectively manage multiple campaigns at one time, planning campaigns across confectionary, Petcare and food.
- Completed all key training areas required to perform the role across MediaCom, GroupM and external Media Owner modules.
In six months, you would have:
- Establish strong ways of working procedures with creative agency to drive efficiencies in campaign set up.
- Developed a good grasp of the Mars account and how the various teams in the agency interact to produce best in class digital work.
- Start to understand the commercial aspects of the Mars account (their business and ours)
- Expanded your knowledge of digital media partners through regular meetings with publishers.
In twelve months, you would have
- Built a strong working relationship with the Mars AV team to ensure integration between their digital video buying (BVOD) and our digital buying
- Start to identify key areas for Mars to test in 2020 to complement their digital strategy
- Become an extension of the clients’ digital team, providing value to holistic planning across the categories and products.
Responsibilities of the role:
In 2017 Mars made a conscious effort to move away from traditional TV campaigns and extend their digital activity. Identifying the declining TV viewership with the younger audience Mars and Mediacom are looking to identify new digital platforms that are going to engage their audience and drive sales.
The Digital Planner role will form a vital part of the newly formed Mars digital planning team at Mediacom, working across all Mars categories (Confectionary, Food and Petcare).
The Digital Planner will be responsible for formulating the overarching digital implementation strategy for Mars, agreeing on the KPI’s and building out campaign planning recommendations with the Mediacom Planning team.
They will develop strong relationships with media owners and partners as they will work with them to brief out campaigns, provide feedback on recommendations and building media plans and rationale. They will also be responsible for setting campaign benchmarks, managing the campaign tracking and ensuring the campaign delivers.
What you will need:
- Interest and enthusiasm to work on one of the world’s largest brands
- Understand the nuances of different digital providers available and the ability to forge relationships with media owners
- Ability to understand brand KPI’s and identify new ways to deliver brand strategy
- The ability to work with IT resources such as databases and spreadsheets for collection and management of campaign reporting.
- Strong understanding of financial processes and systems
- Excellent analytical and reporting skills
- Good interpersonal, negotiation and communication skills for liaising with colleagues, clients and media owners
- Good leadership skills and talent management
- Good presentation skills
- Ability to build strong relationships with internal stakeholders
- Excellent numeracy skills
*Although we cannot make guarantees, we welcome conversations about flexible working for all roles at MediaCom London*
MediaCom is “The Content + Connections Agency”, working on behalf of its clients to leverage their brands’ entire system of communications across paid, owned and earned channels to step change their business outcomes.
Employing over 1,200 staff across 5 regional offices, MediaCom is the leading agency in the UK in terms of billings. Its client roster includes British Sky Broadcasting, DFS, GlaxoSmithKline, Tesco and Cancer Research UK.
Our people are at the heart of everything we do; we firmly believe in our “People First, Better Results” philosophy and want to be certain that work is always challenging, engaging and satisfying. We aim to ensure that that our employees’ skills are constantly evolving, and so provide all MediaCom staff with training and development and regular appraisals to enhance their performances and guarantee great results for them and the company.
We also strive to change traditional attitudes to workplace culture by offering a more holistic view of employees' aspirations. There are numerous initiatives for MediaCommers to take part in, from the Social Club to Mindfulness Training, to help ensure that our employees thoroughly enjoy their experience here.
We aim to be the only agency that talented people want to work for. We do this, not only by stimulating and challenging our people through great work and outstanding clients, but by providing a variety of learning programs, cultural initiatives and an exciting environment to invigorate our employees personal and professional career development.
MediaCom is a member of WPP, the world's largest marketing communications services group, and part of GroupM, WPP’s consolidated media investment management arm.
To find out more about MediaCom visit us here: www.mediacom.co.uk
Follow us on Twitter: www.twitter.com/MediaComUK
Follow us on Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/mediacomuk/?hl=en
GroupM is an equal opportunity employer. We view every individual as exactly that, individual. We hire despite peoples differences, not because of them. We understand that inclusion is more than just diversity. We celebrate the fact that everyone is unique. That’s what makes us so good at what we do. At GroupM we pride ourselves on being a company that can truly represent the global clients we work with.
If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you can email us via TalentTeam.UK@GroupM.com.