International - Senior Media Planner/Buyer - Dell
International - Senior Media Planner/Buyer - Dell
Overview of job
MediaCom forms part of GroupM, WPP’s combined media agencies. GroupM is the world’s largest media investment management organization and parent company of Mediacom, MindShare, and others. Within these companies we have the largest digital operations around the world with a greater geographic footprint than any competitor.
MediaCom handles the media planning and buying for some of the world's smartest advertisers. Supported by keen consumer insight, analysis and experience, we are part of the largest media planning and buying network in the world.
The Client - The Dell Account
MediaCom runs the Dell account globally, with our HQ in NY and client teams covering all regions, EMEA, APAC, LATAM and NA.
It is a top 3 account for MediaCom globally and as such is prestigious and well-regarded internally.
We provide end-to-end services for Dell, from strategy to planning to buying across all media, plus content strategy, partnership execution and a great deal of performance analysis. So it is a truly integrated account.
Dell is split into two businesses, DellEMC (large corporate IT solutions) and Dell CSB (Consumer, Gaming (Inc Alienware) and Small Business laptops and solutions).
This role is for Dell CSB UK
What do Dell CSB do and what sets them apart?
Dell have three dedicated audiences they wish to reach:
Digital Affluent Families – tech savvy, medium/high income families looking for the best technology
Gamers – Hardcore or occasional gamers are supported via the incredible Alienware brand or Dell’s new Gaming-Ready laptop range
Small businesses – Dell are renown for supporting businesses, and their solutions for small business are a major focus for 2018
Each audience requires insight into customer behaviour, strong strategic development and broad media solutions.
In 2018, Dell ran large scale brand partnerships with Marvel/Disney and Netflix to great success. As we move into 2019 we’ll be looking to exted this impact as we run substantial brand campaigns to launch a range of new Dell products.
We are the CSB UK Planning team. We plan the UK media campaigns for Dell Consumer, Small Business and Gaming (inc Alienware)
The team is comprised of a Business Director, an Associate Director, a Media Manager, a Digital Manager and a Media Executive. We are the client facing team and also handle the digital display planning and buying for our client. We coordinate with the Social, Search, Affiliates and local offline Mediacom teams to deliver cross-channel media campaigns.
The Planner Buyer will support the managers in planning and managing our media campaigns across the UK. The right candidate will have an exciting role on the front line of planning and activating our campaigns. This is a fantastic opportunity to jump into a fast paced team and learn a broad skill set on which to build a career in the industry.
The Planner Buyer will:
- Work with Media Manager to translate strategy and comms plan into media selection
- Analyse available data to make predictions around future performance
- Meet media owners to discuss the brief and generate relevant and innovative ideas
- Brief Media owners and ensure responses are on time, and to brief
- Negotiate media rates
- Create media plans via planning templates and manage booking on sign off
- Manage operational execution in appropriate systems eg Conversant and Doubleverify
- Manage Media Executive regarding liason with Ad Ops and Analytics teams around tracking requirements for new campaigns
- Monitor day-to-day performance of live campaigns to identify key wins/challenges
- Make recommendations for how we could optimise to get the best out of our marketing budgets
- Pull reports and carry out research on competitive analysis, audience profiling and market trends
- Participate in calls and meetings with clients and publishers discussing performance and future strategies
- Work in their team to prepare review presentations for our clients where we analyse performance and provide insightful commentary
- Take an active role in the management and development of the exec within the team
Skills, Behaviours and Experience Required
- Experience in planning/buying media
- Passion for media and hunger to learn more
- Very numerate and analytical
- Team player and winning can-do attitude
- Interest in the technology industry
- Demonstrate a good competency of using Microsoft Excel, Word and PowerPoint
- High attention to detail
- Efficient working style; able to handle a number of tasks at once and effectively manage time
- Technically minded yet service-industry-suited with the potential to develop into client leadership and staff management roles
- Strong communicator with excellent written and verbal English language skills/grammar
*Although we cannot make guarantees, we welcome conversations about flexible working for all roles at MediaCom London*
MediaCom is “The Content + Connections Agency”, working on behalf of its clients to leverage their brands’ entire system of communications across paid, owned and earned channels to step change their business outcomes.
Employing over 1,200 staff across 5 regional offices, MediaCom is the leading agency in the UK in terms of billings. Its client roster includes British Sky Broadcasting, DFS, Tesco and Cancer Research UK.
Our people are at the heart of everything we do; we firmly believe in our “People First, Better Results” philosophy and want to be certain that work is always challenging, engaging and satisfying. We aim to ensure that that our employees’ skills are constantly evolving, and so provide all MediaCom staff with training and development and regular appraisals to enhance their performances and guarantee great results for them and the company.
We also strive to change traditional attitudes to workplace culture by offering a more holistic view of employees' aspirations. There are numerous initiatives for MediaCommers to take part in, from the Social Club to Mindfulness Training, to help ensure that our employees thoroughly enjoy their experience here.
We aim to be the only agency that talented people want to work for. We do this, not only by stimulating and challenging our people through great work and outstanding clients, but by providing a variety of learning programs, cultural initiatives and an exciting environment to invigorate our employees personal and professional career development.
MediaCom is a member of WPP, the world's largest marketing communications services group, and part of GroupM, WPP’s consolidated media investment management arm.
To find out more about MediaCom visit us here: www.mediacom.co.uk
Follow us on Twitter: www.twitter.com/MediaComUK
Follow us on Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/mediacomuk/?hl=en
GroupM is an equal opportunity employer. We view every individual as exactly that, individual. We hire despite peoples differences, not because of them. We understand that inclusion is more than just diversity. We celebrate the fact that everyone is unique. That’s what makes us so good at what we do. At GroupM we pride ourselves on being a company that can truly represent the global clients we work with.
If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you can email us via TalentTeam.UK@GroupM.com.