Paid Social Executive
About International Paid Social
Mediacom forms part of GroupM, WPP’s combined media agencies. GroupM is the world’s largest media investment management organization and parent company of Mediacom, Mediaedge:cia, MindShare and Maxus. Within these companies we have an emerging social operation around the world with a greater geographic footprint than any competitor. We are the world’s largest spender with Facebook and hold strategic relationships on their advisory board.
The Mediacom International Paid Social team is at the forefront of that structure. Servicing both centrally executed campaigns in multiple languages as well as coordinating and supporting strategic directions across markets. We work on a mix of blue chip clients for both direct and brand led initiatives including but not limited to: Proctor & Gamble, Dell, EY, Shell, & Sony.
Our vision for paid social is the integral role it plays in the media mix and the connectivity between media both on and offline with social acting as a success measure to wider communications planning activity. This is an exciting opportunity to become part of a growing International team, advancing your skill set as a subject expert and exposing you to a much wider media business offering diversified training and development opportunities for a long term career path.
We have a large International central London Digital team with additional teams in local markets. The evolution of this division is a natural progress in our business plan with immediate and new client opportunities to grow against.
We have a vacancy for a Paid Social Executive. Our Paid Social Executives are responsible for the day to day support of a Social Planner or Manager in the operational delivery of a Paid Social campaigns - working alongside the Social Planner or Manager they help to ensure client objectives are understood, service levels remain high, and client expectations are met.
The role requires a basic understanding of paid social principles, how marketing campaigns work cross market, plus an advanced analytic aptitude. It requires an ability to be highly motivated, numerate and articulate, both when speaking to clients, writing documents and analysing. Above all it requires a natural passion for social media and its importance to marketers.
The successful candidate will be able to develop his/her career with MediaCom as they will be enabled to continually improve and expand on their foundational social skills, with growth opportunities both upwards and sideways. The candidate will also have the opportunity to work across a diverse client base and help to shape and inform client strategy.
The candidate will join the MediaCom International Paid Social team and will be given training to develop this specialist and highly demanded skill set, enabling them a foundation for further career development. They will be exposed to working in an International environment and if desired have opportunities to relocate within the business cross markets and cross teams.
Objectives of the Role:
The successful candidate will quickly learn the processes and best practices for the creation, technical set-up and execution of Paid Social campaigns. They will learn the client / agency environment of account servicing and quality control to meet target key performance indicators in campaign delivery. They will keep abreast of industry trends and conditions that may impact performance, devising new ideas to refine and improve campaign strategies in consultation with their line manager. Over time they will grow in skill set and become confident to propose advancements and new initiatives for the success of client and service team.
Key Areas of Responsibility and Accountability:
1. Strategic Skills
- Work with the Planner/Buyer or Manager to identify new opportunities for campaigns.
- Assist in the creation of monthly client reviews - providing insights on campaign performance.
- Demonstrate confidence and clarity in communicating with the team, clients and media owners
- Develop knowledge and understanding of other Mediacom departments/services
- Maintain strong working relationships with other relevant Mediacom departments
- Have a basic understanding of the role of Paid Social in the digital mix.
- Identify new initiatives and opportunities on client accounts, for example, the testing of new platforms such as Snapchat or new technologies for campaign improvements
- Improve knowledge of client business to ensure greater appreciation of Paid Social delivery in the overall mix
- Keep abreast of any developments in the Paid Social market
- Gain and develop experience in other media, such as wider biddable media
- Foster relationships with Facebook third-party technology partners
- Foster relationships with media owners including Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and LinkedIn
2. Client Account Management
- Learn the basics of client account servicing and best practices in managing results to meet client KPIs
- Take commercial responsibility for campaign budgetary management including bookings and billing
- Be responsible for requesting and chasing PO’s.
- Organise budget caps to ensure agreed budgets are not exceeded.
- Ensure all media spends are entered onto booking systems in a timely fashion.
3. Operating and Technical Requirements
- Be responsible for the technical set up of Paid Social campaigns with tracking systems as required
- Be responsible for implementing campaigns into Paid Social providers and/ or technology interfaces for buying
- Take ownership of small account/campaign to demonstrate an understanding of how a Paid Social account/campaign evolves over time.
- Be responsible for accurate daily, weekly and monthly reporting and commentary.
- Enact under the direction of your managers the delivery , optimisation and reporting of Direct Response and Brand social media advertising campaigns across Facebook, Twitter
- The appropriate use of tools to drive accountability, operational efficiencies and actionable business insights; with the scoping of costs and agreed client outputs.
- Act responsibly and professionally at all times, representing the team, department and company.
4. People Management
- Learn from the Paid Social Planner and Paid Social Manager in order to understand how the team and processes are handled.
- Act responsibly and professionally when interacting with other departments. Ensure weekly time sheets, holiday/sickness forms, CPD Logs and training plans are kept up to date
- Take career management seriously, preparing for performance reviews and attending training planned, including lunchtime workshops and department sessions
- Continue on the job training and workshops and internal/external training sessions being proactive in your continual self-learning
5. New business
- Support in the development of content for new business pitches
- Learn the pitch process and how we grow and win new clients successfully.
Client: help to delivery excellent campaigns, free from errors and delivering against campaign objectives and achieve high TRR (client satisfaction) scores across accounts
People: become a team player supporting and growing your skill set to become a future leader
Revenue: contribute towards the achievement of account/function revenue targets
Growth: support the team to win new business and support future client growth
Personal development: Positive My360 feedback from manager, peers and clients (where appropriate
GroupM is an equal opportunity employer. We view every individual as exactly that, individual. We hire despite peoples differences, not because of them. We understand that inclusion is more than just diversity. We celebrate the fact that everyone is unique. That’s what makes us so good at what we do. At GroupM we pride ourselves on being a company that can truly represent the global clients we work with.
If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you can email us via firstname.lastname@example.org.