The Role Objective
• Help deliver end to end solutions for managing, storing and surfacing data to reduce the time to insight for our clients and drive internal efficiencies
• Maximise benefits of the SQL environment for MediaCom specific data
• Provide data expertise to support our consulting offering
Essential Skills, Knowledge and Experience
The Ideal Candidate
• Analytical and an excellent problem solver with the ability to work under own initiative
• Proactive at identifying problems and proposing solutions and improvements
• Solution focused with a flexible attitude
• Have an interest in keeping up to date with the latest database technologies
• Knowledge of Business Intelligence and Data Warehousing theory and best practices
• Data analysis and profiling skills
• Ability to trouble-shoot complex data processing issues
• Proven experience working with MS SQL Server (2012 or higher)
• Ability to write and optimise T- SQL to a high standard
• Experience of developing solutions using Visual Studio Development Environment
• Experience with Microsoft ALM
• Knowledge of Microsoft Technology stack SQL, .NET, Azure
• Knowledge of media agency offering and business model
• Proficiency in C#
• Working experience of Azure Storage, Compute & Data Services
• Working experience of SSAS
• Working experience of Tableau, Microsoft PowerBI
• Ability to design and deliver attractive and insightful data visualisations
• Experience/appreciation No SQL technologies
• Excellent communication (written and verbal) and interpersonal skills
• Enthusiastic to learn and develop new skills
• Excellent analytical and problem solving skills
• Friendly and social demeanour
MediaCom is “The Content + Connections Agency”, working on behalf of its clients to leverage their brands’ entire system of communications across paid, owned and earned channels to step change their business outcomes.
Employing over 1,200 staff across 5 regional offices, MediaCom is the leading agency in the UK in terms of billings. Its client roster includes British Sky Broadcasting, DFS, GlaxoSmithKline, Tesco and Cancer Research UK.
Our people are at the heart of everything we do; we firmly believe in our “People First, Better Results” philosophy and want to be certain that work is always challenging, engaging and satisfying. We aim to ensure that that our employees’ skills are constantly evolving, and so provide all MediaCom staff with training and development and regular appraisals to enhance their performances and guarantee great results for them and the company.
We also strive to change traditional attitudes to workplace culture by offering a more holistic view of employees' aspirations. There are numerous initiatives for MediaCommers to take part in, from the Social Club to Mindfulness Training, to help ensure that our employees thoroughly enjoy their experience here.
We aim to be the only agency that talented people want to work for. We do this, not only by stimulating and challenging our people through great work and outstanding clients, but by providing a variety of learning programs, cultural initiatives and an exciting environment to invigorate our employees personal and professional career development.
MediaCom was named Campaign’s Agency of the Decade and received top marks in its 2016 School Report.
MediaCom is a member of WPP, the world's largest marketing communications services group, and part of GroupM, WPP’s consolidated media investment management arm.
To find out more about MediaCom visit us here: www.mediacom.co.uk
Follow us on Twitter: www.twitter.com/MediaComUK
Follow us on Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/mediacomuk/?hl=en
GroupM is an equal opportunity employer. We view every individual as exactly that, individual. We hire despite peoples differences, not because of them. We understand that inclusion is more than just diversity. We celebrate the fact that everyone is unique. That’s what makes us so good at what we do. At GroupM we pride ourselves on being a company that can truly represent the global clients we work with.
If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you can email us via TalentTeam.UK@GroupM.com.