Assistant Management Accountant - 6 month FTC
GroupM is the leading global media investment management operation serving as the parent company to WPP media agencies including Mindshare, Wavemaker and MediaCom, each global operations in their own right with leading market positions. GroupM’s primary purpose is to maximize performance of WPP’s media agencies by operating as leader and collaborator in trading, content creation, sports, digital, finance, proprietary tool development and other business-critical capabilities. GroupM’s focus is to deliver unrivalled marketplace advantage to its clients, stakeholders and people. Discover more about GroupM at www.groupm.com.
The Role Objective
The main purpose of the role is to prepare the monthly management accounts for reporting to both GroupM management and WPP group (EMEA). This requires detailed variance analysis and exception reporting. The Assistant Management Accountant will update the rolling forecast and feed into the annual budgeting process through the application of Business Partnering skills. To be successful in this role, engagement with various parts of the business is required, often at different levels of seniority.
Month-end process/ year-end & variance analysis
- Calculation of accruals & prepayments of income, costs and inter-company, using IFRS principles. Prepare and post journals
- Prepare monthly Management Accounts reconciled to TB
- Monthly variance analysis (by comparing to budget/forecast) and exception reporting
- Monthly & quarterly balance sheet reconciliations
- Action any queries post month-end; i.e AP mis-posting etc.
- Assist with the SOX and year-end audit by providing all relevant information to the auditors
- Preparation of monthly inter-company billing schedules for inter-company billing team to bill.
- Update & maintain fixed assets, post & reconcile fixed asset register
- Monthly analysis of aged debtor & creditor reports for monthly reporting
Group / WPP reporting
- Upload and publish internal, management & external TB’s into Cartesis
- Liaise with EMEA to resolve reporting queries
- Submit commentaries to EMEA on a monthly basis
- Deal with EMEA’s new reporting requirements
- Prepare and submit quarterly packages (CSR. Client profitability, Letter of rep and questionnaire, Local books to Cartesis, Other assets and liabilities, deferred revenue)
- Prepare and submit the year-end packages
Annual budgeting & rolling forecast
- Collecting inputs from department heads to feed into the rolling forecast and annual budgeting processes
- Supporting Finance Manager with the preparation of the annual budgets
- Business partnering through engagement with business on a regular basis including face-to-face meetings
- Adding value to operational teams through analysis, reporting etc.
Other and periodic
- Ensuring compliance with company policies and SOX requirements
- Continuously reviewing current processes and making improvements to allow better control or improved efficiencies
- Ad hoc projects as directed by FC / FD / FM
- Quarterly VAT returns/deal with VAT queries
- Authorise weekly payments
- Assisting AP team with coding of invoices
- Dealing with Finance Plus on ad hoc queries
Skills and Behaviours
- Experience working with DDS / Media Ocean
- Experience working with Cartesis / BFC
- Intermediate / advance level of Excel
- Organized with good attention to detail
- Quick to learn and adaptable to changing work allocation and able to prioritise workload to meet challenging deadlines
- Strong analytical and reconciliation skills
- Strong communication & relationship building skills
- Enthusiastic with a can do attitude
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
GroupM is an equal opportunity employer. We view every individual as exactly that, individual. We hire despite peoples differences, not because of them. We understand that inclusion is more than just diversity. We celebrate the fact that everyone is unique. That’s what makes us so good at what we do. At GroupM we pride ourselves on being a company that can truly represent the global clients we work with.
If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you can email us via TalentTeam.UK@GroupM.com.