Planning Manager - WMSelect, Established Pharma Clients
GroupM recently merged two of its leading global networks, MEC and Maxus, to form a brand new media, content and technology agency – one of the largest in the world. WAVEMAKER exist to be Future Makers: to build brands that pioneer the future, inspire society and move customers to action. What started with a blank page and a fresh perspective has resulted in building an agency of future.
Bound together by our Purchase Journey approach, we help clients translate audience behaviours and insights into smart decisions today, for a prosperous tomorrow. Our organizational capabilities and specialisms, along with the talents of our 8,500 people are united through our focus on understanding, accelerating and optimizing purchase journeys. Our obsession with purchase journeys is apparent in the solutions we create for clients, in how we structure ourselves and in the job roles our people perform. So a job a WAVEMAKER may not sound like a job at any other agency, and that’s because it isn’t.
Our people are encouraged to become the best versions of themselves and share the values and behaviours of what we refer to as PACED - passionate, agile, collaborative, entrepreneurial, and diverse. With our combined global heritage coming together to create something new; our people are the brains, the data experts and the thinkers of the GroupM family.
Our vision is simple: To become the most distinctive and admired media, content and technology agency in the world: The future is not only coming, it’s now.
WMSelect is a bespoke team within WM, created to give big love to small or specialist clients. We thrive working on clients and brands with big ambitions. As a complete and dedicated team with specialists from strategy through to activation, we help our forward-thinking clients navigate this complex and fast-moving media world. Through senior leadership, clever planning, brilliant ideas and campaigns that deliver. Because we love it and see our clients’ success as our success.
And we know that each client is unique. So we spend time getting to know their business inside out and allocating the right experts to deliver exactly what they need. But above all else, our clients love the boutique agency feel of WM Select whilst benefitting from all the specialisms and buying power of the wider WM network.
This role would be working across the Pfizer and Combe portfolio of brands.
The Planning Manager will:
- Support their team to deliver the best possible quality work for our clients and profitability for WM.
- Help create communication planning that fits the bill of ‘best in class’ purchase journey planning.
- Ensure that the operational delivery and management of all client campaigns meets expected quality standards.
- Coach their Executives to become best possible media practitioners, leading by example.
- Ability to build and maintain client and agency relationships at mid-level seniority. Clarity in delivering media recommendations to clients. Demonstrate an in depth knowledge of your client’s industry sector and their competitors. Someone clients value and want on their business.
- Represents the company in a professional manner to clients, media owners and suppliers. Is an example of WM behaviours. Has high level of enthusiasm, cares about the business and wants to make a difference.
Strategy & Planning
- Best in Class Planning. You will work with your Director to produce and where appropriate present strategy and rationales, media plans, and results and monthly and quarterly performance reviews to clients. We require a confident media planner, with a good understanding of all major media channels, able work closely with strategists and specialists.
- Values ideas. Thinks creatively in their role. A creative ‘bright spark’ constantly coming up with ideas.
- Can create a well thought-through presentation with a coherent argument, which requires minimal input from colleagues to make it ‘client ready’.
Campaign Management & Performance
- Operational Management. You will be responsible for managing client status documents and attend and contribute to weekly client team status meetings. Must be able to communicate performance and updates in a clear, concise, and actionable manner on client status calls. Helps manage and prioritise the workload of their Executives and manage activation specialist team outputs.
- Smart Briefing. Write clear and inspiring briefs for media specialists, ensuring every brief has a clear set of SMART KPIs and measurable outcomes.
- Turning Data into Insight. Strength in collecting, interpreting and formatting data about the clients’ business and brands, consumers, and the competitive marketplace.
- Excellent admin skills, ensuring campaign performance is tracked, reported, optimised and learnings implemented into future campaigns for a clear understanding of how we are continuously improving.
- Commercially minded. Has a solid commercial understanding of their clients and of WM’s products and services. Has a comprehensive understanding of client accounts including media spend, campaign status and competitive activity. Is aware of the implications that client contracts may have on planning.
- Budget control. Understands the importance of sound financial awareness, including budget control, and the impact their role has on WM profitability and encourages this amongst their team. Responsible for ensuring all bookings and reconciliation are completed correctly and on time and are SOX compliant and swift resolution of queries.
- Responsible for training and development of executives, and assistants within the team with support from their director. Is fully aware of direct report’s personal developmental tasks and enables their growth. Sets clear standards and quality controls the team’s work ensuring they deliver work on time.
- Collaborative: Excellent team player who actively contributes to the high morale and motivation of the team. Facilitates a close and productive working relationship with all other WM specialisms to produce brilliant work for our clients. Is able to form strong professional relationships with creative agencies and media owners.
- Has engendered the respect of those they have worked with. Has high levels of integrity and builds trust with ease. Sets a good example within the team. Is a calm, reliable and self-motivated individual.
Innovation & Collaboration
- Ensure strong professional relationships are formed with other WM departments, creative agencies and media owners to ensure integrated approach to client’s business.
- Proactive in offering to help. Volunteers to participate in internal projects and provides help on new business pitches as required.
- Actively seek out new trends, industry new / updates and product launches and share with wider team. Has a drive to increase their knowledge and maintain a detailed topical knowledge of relevant media developments.
Technical Skills & Experience
- Experienced planning/buying across media channels.
- Data First. Is aware of WM and industry data tools, is able to apply it in all work to generate insight and improve performance.
- Digital First. A good knowledge of and appetite to learn more about digital media. Able to use insight derived from all digital planning tools available. Consults with ‘digital experts’ for advice and stimulus. Capitalises on all opportunities to further their digital knowledge.
- Confidence with TGI and industry competitive reporting tools (e.g. Neilson). Microsoft Office, Powerpoint and Excel required.
WM Select is a relatively new team within WM and we have the flexibility to determine how we should work to deliver the best for ourselves and our clients. We can be agile and experiment with new ways of working that, if successful, could be adopted by the wider agency. We are therefore looking for people with an entrepreneurial mind-set, a can-do attitude and an interest in being part of a team that is being developed from the ground up. And if they are interested in bringing their own ideas for new ways of working, all the better.
GroupM is an equal opportunity employer. We view every individual as exactly that, individual. We hire despite peoples differences, not because of them. We understand that inclusion is more than just diversity. We celebrate the fact that everyone is unique. That’s what makes us so good at what we do. At GroupM we pride ourselves on being a company that can truly represent the global clients we work with.
If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you can email us via TalentTeam.UK@GroupM.com.