Digital Account Manager
Digital Account Manager
Location: Based in beautiful and characteristic converted Mills offices, 5 minute walk away from Leeds Train Station in the heart of the city centre.
Salary: Dependent on experience, with amazing benefits and a great social culture!
If you’ve ever bought a Coke with your name on it, seen Alan Carr hijack an ad break, or witnessed a man in heels perform an #epic strut – then you’ve probably seen our work. We’re surrounded by adverts and MediaCom is the reason behind why, where and when you see them. We’re so successful at what we do that 1 in 3 adverts that you see across any form of media is a MediaCom placed Advert, and the reason for this? Our People.
MediaCom is looking for a brilliant Digital Account Manager to join the Client Planning department in our Leeds Office. In this role, you’ll be the lynchpin for digital strategy and execution at the heart of the planning team, helping to deliver digital excellence for our clients. You will be part of a dedicated and ambitious team, reporting into the Business Director.
Your role will include supporting the day to day running of client business at a senior level, as well as involvement in new business from brief to pitch. You’ll work alongside talented channel specialists to develop, implement, execute and evaluate strategy across all digital channels.
We’re looking for a Digital Account Manager who will make the ordinary extraordinary. Someone with a strong combination of leadership, communication, organisation skills and a great imagination!
What you will need
- Experience working within an agency environment – ideally you’d be someone from a client service background
- Exposure to all media channels, but specifically a strong working knowledge of paid digital media and search - with the ability to talk about these channels at a senior level without specialist involvement
- An experience of interpreting data and understanding measurement systems
- An understanding of quantitative and qualitative research methods, applications and limitations – and be able to suggest application
- Ability to manage and develop junior team members – supporting digital skills development across the team
- Ability to identify and convert revenue opportunities alongside AD/BD
- An enthusiasm and passion for what you do
- Be able to interrogate a client brief – knowing how to challenge the client to understand what they really need
- Always be on the lookout for the new and the different
- Be able to set objectives for both clients business and members of the team
- Be an effective communicator – with clients and colleagues alike
- The ability to pull together specialists and people in a collaborative way to drive the best thinking and results for our clients
- A strong working knowledge relevant industry tools, systems and applications – such as Google Analytics, DoubleClick, Adwords and including Excel & Powerpoint
Best 3 things about the job
- An opportunity to work for the UKs largest media agency working with the best people, thinking and clients in the UK in a culture where we put People First
- The chance to work with some of the best brands and businesses in the UK across all categories including retail, travel, charity and finance
- You will work as part of an award winning planning team. MediaCom in Leeds won three MediaWeek Awards, two Campaign Media Awards (including Campaign of the Year) and three International Festival of Media Awards
*Although we cannot make guarantees, we welcome conversations about flexible working for all roles at MediaCom*
GroupM is an equal opportunity employer. We view every individual as exactly that, individual. We hire despite peoples differences, not because of them. We understand that inclusion is more than just diversity. We celebrate the fact that everyone is unique. That’s what makes us so good at what we do. At GroupM we pride ourselves on being a company that can truly represent the global clients we work with.
If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you can email us via TalentTeam.UK@GroupM.com.