International - Digital Planner - Universal
MediaCom handles the media planning and buying for some of the world's smartest advertisers. Supported by keen consumer insight, analysis and experience, we are part of the largest media planning and buying network in the world.
We’re looking for an International Digital Planner to work closely with a Digital Associate Director, both reporting into senior client level. The candidate should have experience in the processes and best practices for the creation, technical set-up and execution of digital campaigns. They will learn the client / agency environment of account servicing and quality control to meet target key performance indicators in campaign delivery. The role requires a knowledge of response mechanisms, as well as working to acquisition goals. A degree of technical skill will also be required in order to develop the reporting systems and to implement and manage display and video executions. Over time they will grow in skill set and become confident to propose advancements and new initiatives for the success of client and service team.
The role is to work as part of the NBCUniversal team working specifically on NBCUniversal’s New Media division. The NBCUniversal team is split into an account management team and a digital team. The digital team currently has 3 digital experts and is led by the Business Director. The account management team is responsible for strategy, coordination, insight and pan-regional buying for Theatrical, Home Entertainment, TV Networks and TV Research. Due to the importance of digital for entertainment clients the digital and account management teams are integrated for New Media, and this role is a great opportunity to be a digital expert whilst developing broader account strengths.
We have worked for NBCUniversal for many years and have continued to grow and evolve our relationship with this client starting with Universal Pictures Home Entertainment over 20 years ago. The client is split across a number of business operations - Universal Theatrical (Cinema), Home Entertainment (Blu-Ray and DVD), New Media (Digital movie downloads & rentals), TV Networks (SyFy, E!, Universal Channel) and Content group (independent movies). This is a really exciting client to work for and this role in particular deals with some of the most high profile content they develop.
- Manage central planning, buying and execution of campaigns across display and mobile, across multiple territories (EMEA, LATAM and APAC) – being the key day to day contact for campaign performance and optimisation
- Balance direct response and branding campaigns across mobile, display and video publishers using analytical skills to help plan and manage the allocation of inventory between both campaign types
- Assist the Associate Director in identifying relevant publishers – with the use of Comscore, TGI.net, and other research products
- Become proficient in managing and optimising all aspects of online display media campaigns & have a good understanding of programmatic & social
- Implementing buying strategy and the required data gathering/ tagging
- Deliver regular detailed reports on media performance for digital and offline media with actionable insight to optimise media spend
- Use campaign learnings to optimise campaigns as they run and incorporate into new plans to ensure positive evolution of campaign performance
- Act as the main contact for all local agency account teams
- Facilitate the sharing of information and best practice between markets
- Collate details of local planning and implementation, and action ad-hoc client requests
- Attend client meetings to develop client management and presentation skills
- Respond to all requests and project briefs with speed, accuracy and enthusiasm within the agreed deadlines
Research & Insight
- Gain a strong understanding and level of expertise with the full range of media research tools to identify audience opportunities
- Compile research and insights for communications strategy on forthcoming campaigns
- Prepare and present local territory media landscape presentations to educate client
- Compile updates and reports to update the wider team and client on media developments and emerging technologies
- Own key reports including PCAs, competitive analysis and annual global campaign spend roll ups
Skills, Behaviours and Experience Required
We are looking for an inquisitive, proactive, and highly-organised International Digital Planner.
- Proven experience working in Online/Digital advertising especially in Display/Video (including Connected TVs environment)
- Good understanding Paid Social – Google, YouTube, Facebook etc.
- Knowledge of media insight tools such as TGI, Comscore, Global Web Index etc.
- Have a genuine enthusiasm for film and entertainment
- Good knowledge of emerging technologies and the impact these will have on digital video distribution
- Confident and have good communication skills
- Pro-active and inquisitive – with a passion to learn more
- Good organisational skills, to be a good team player but to also lead by example
- To have a good attention to detail and an ability to interrogate data
- Good computer skills – especially Excel and PowerPoint
MediaCom is “The Content + Connections Agency”, working on behalf of its clients to leverage their brands’ entire system of communications across paid, owned and earned channels to step change their business outcomes.
Employing over 1,200 staff across 5 regional offices, MediaCom is the leading agency in the UK in terms of billings. Its client roster includes British Sky Broadcasting, DFS, Tesco and Cancer Research UK.
Our people are at the heart of everything we do; we firmly believe in our “People First, Better Results” philosophy and want to be certain that work is always challenging, engaging and satisfying. We aim to ensure that that our employees’ skills are constantly evolving, and so provide all MediaCom staff with training and development and regular appraisals to enhance their performances and guarantee great results for them and the company.
We also strive to change traditional attitudes to workplace culture by offering a more holistic view of employees' aspirations. There are numerous initiatives for MediaCommers to take part in, from the Social Club to Mindfulness Training, to help ensure that our employees thoroughly enjoy their experience here.
We aim to be the only agency that talented people want to work for. We do this, not only by stimulating and challenging our people through great work and outstanding clients, but by providing a variety of learning programs, cultural initiatives and an exciting environment to invigorate our employees personal and professional career development.
MediaCom is a member of WPP, the world's largest marketing communications services group, and part of GroupM, WPP’s consolidated media investment management arm.
To find out more about MediaCom visit us here: www.mediacom.co.uk
Follow us on Twitter: www.twitter.com/MediaComUK
Follow us on Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/mediacomuk/?hl=en
GroupM is an equal opportunity employer. We view every individual as exactly that, individual. We hire despite peoples differences, not because of them. We understand that inclusion is more than just diversity. We celebrate the fact that everyone is unique. That’s what makes us so good at what we do. At GroupM we pride ourselves on being a company that can truly represent the global clients we work with.
If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you can email us via TalentTeam.UK@GroupM.com.