Programmatic Business Manager
About the GroupM Media team
The GroupM Media team, an extension of GroupM trading, sits within [m]PLATFORM and underpins the media needs of our programmatic buying businesses, including Xaxis and the PBU (Programmatic buying unit).
The team have developed direct to publisher relationships, unrivalled in quality and scale, where we can acquire digital media to a quality, price and level of access that gives our buying businesses unique advantage against the market.
You will work in a Media team of over 25 people who are passionate about a common vision – delivering the very best quality of media for our clients.
The team is varied – from trading leads, to optimisation analysts, media analysts, product managers, technical account managers and many other specialisms.
About the role
We strive to buy the most cost effective and best performing inventory for each of our buying businesses, working closely with our media suppliers and the analytics arm of the Group M media team to achieve these goals.
The Role will work with the Group M agencies to help execute and co-ordinate the media buying across Programmatic Guaranteed; a new initiative at GroupM.
You will need to show excellent account management skills as well as being proficient in project management, with a strong ability to learn fast across new technologies and approaches within the programmatic media space.
Programmatic Guaranteed is one of the most exciting initiatives at GroupM – a more effective delivery mechanism to support the relevant of quality media owners (portals, newspapers, magazines and others).
You will be working between the publisher-facing team, our programmatic consultants, operations team and our agency teams.
You will be pivotal in ensuring the early success of this new way of buying guaranteed digital advertising.
- Manage multiple advertiser and agency accounts, developing positive working relationships with the media buyers, planners and operations teams at these companies.
- Prepare campaign progress reports, analysis and research leveraging GroupM proprietary platforms for presentation to clients both during and after campaigns
- Work closely with programmatic consultant and our publisher-facing team to support client proposal development
- Manage customer activity with CRM tools for maximum efficiency and visibility, with carefully executed follow-up to closure on open client issues
- Work with operations to assist with day-to-day operational processes including campaign set-up, receipt of creative or tags, trafficking and trouble-shooting
- Follow (and provide input on) consistent processes for managing client success from signature of IO to billing
Skills, Behaviours and Experience
- Experience in advertising sales, operations or account management
- Online business experience in sales & marketing, preferably in online businesses
- Direct agency experience, either as customer, partner or employee
- High degree of organization, creativity, self-motivation, and drive
- Familiar with commercial ad serving platforms such as DoubleClick DART, Sizmek, etc
- Eager to work in a start-up team culture that will be rapidly changing
- Willing to do whatever it takes to get the job done
- Deep knowledge of online business models and the programmatic landscape
- Clear and concise written and verbal communication
- Approachable and very personable
- Resilient and energetic
- Strong sense of initiative and personal ownership
- Ability to effectively operate with high energy and flexibility in a fast-paced, constantly evolving team environment
- Focussed; but able to maintain perspective.
- Advanced Microsoft Excel user
- Competent computer skills, with the ability to produce key documentation of a professional standard in all packages
GroupM is an equal opportunity employer. We view every individual as exactly that, individual. We hire despite peoples differences, not because of them. We understand that inclusion is more than just diversity. We celebrate the fact that everyone is unique. That’s what makes us so good at what we do. At GroupM we pride ourselves on being a company that can truly represent the global clients we work with.
If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you can email us via TalentTeam.UK@GroupM.com.