Role: EMEA Commercial Manager
Objectives of the Role
The Commercial Manager role sits within the Mediacom EMEA commercial team, reporting to the Commercial Director EMEA. You will be working within a team of market leading Commercial experts whose function as a department is to lead MediaCom EMEA markets through the constantly shifting media landscape to maintain a constant trajectory of growth in a fiercely competitive marketplace. The overriding objective of the role is to provide support to the Commercial Director EMEA across existing global and EMEA client relationships and new business pitches. A key function of the role will be as a key commercial contact point for the UK market along with providing commercial training and support to other designated EMEA markets.
Client Account Management
- Support the Commercial Leader and Director for key global and EMEA accounts
- Prepare financial analysis and monitor contract compliance on selected accounts
- Be the internal commercial point of contact for the UK agency on key UK clients
- Maintain the red/green schedule and ensure that it is up to date and that changes are communicated to the relevant account teams immediately.
- Work with & support Commercial Leads with collection, consolidation and review of remuneration and other commercial elements for major global and regional pitch proposals
- As knowledge of business develops, management of other multi-market pitches
- Support Commercial Leads with new client transition management
- Support Legal & Business Affairs Director with new client contract negotiation
- Liaise with key stakeholders throughout the UK agency to prepare commercial proposals for new business and out of scope fee proposals
- Maintaining client reporting timetable and ensure all contractual deadlines are met.
- Collect, review, analyse and interrogate key commercial client reports. Including, but not limited to, AVBs and unbilled media.
Skills & Behaviours
- Highly effective communicator
- Strong analytical skills and approach
- Ability to process and interpret financial data to support commercial decisions
- Ability to diagnose a problem & underlying causes
- Attention to detail and high level of accuracy.
- Proactive and self-starter with a high level of initiative
- Team player.
- Ability to manage different stakeholders to ensure that common objectives are met.
- Strong negotiation skills.
- Calmness under pressure.
- Good listener
- Flexible approach to role and requirements.
- Works productively in a high-pressure environment.
- Marketing/Media agency experience
GroupM is an equal opportunity employer. We view every individual as exactly that, individual. We hire despite peoples differences, not because of them. We understand that inclusion is more than just diversity. We celebrate the fact that everyone is unique. That’s what makes us so good at what we do. At GroupM we pride ourselves on being a company that can truly represent the global clients we work with.
If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you can email us via TalentTeam.UK@GroupM.com.