MediaCom | Strategic Planner
We are The Content + Connections Agency. Transforming your communications through systems thinking.
MediaCom is one of the world’s leading media agencies. We plan and buy media for our clients around the world. Our network comprises 5,800 employees in 122 offices in 97 countries around the world.
In Italy are offices are located in Milan, Florence and Rome.
MediaCom has always positioned itself as a visionary partner for our clients, challenging them by honing in on groundbreaking, commercial ideas based on in-depth insights and marketplace knowledge. Mediacom forms part of GroupM, WPP’s combined media agencies and the world’s largest media investment management organization.
Our strong competences encompass advertising, sponsorship, offline and online, direct response, search, social networking, word of mouth and many other communications routes.
We believe that the most effective communication strategies are rooted in a deep understanding of the way consumers think and act. To gain real consumer insight, we constantly encourage our teams to be naturally curious about their target market's lives.
Working in the media industry never gets boring! Our aim is to hire people who take their job seriously, but do not take themselves too seriously.
SCOPE OF THE ROLE
We are looking for a Strategic Planner to be part of our Strategic department team, with 3 or 4 years of experience in this role.
The ideal candidate will be able to make recommendations to clients/brands on how it can improve its performance and on how to reach business objectives through communication plans. He/she will be responsible for structuring statistical systems in order to evaluating the effectiveness of advertising planning and off/online metrics prediction. He/she will have passion for data, numbers and insights, always stay on top of emerging consumer, category and business trends that impact a clients’ business.
Account and Stakeholders Management
- Be in regular contact with the Client, keeping them up-to-date on all media matters
- Presenting results and media updates
- Develop new ideas and maintain solid relationship
- Coordinate and collaborate with agency partners
- Collaborate with external agencies, internal client teams and MediaCom teams at local and international level
Media Strategy, Planning and Buying
- Develop a strategic approach for digital media taking into account all of the elements available: social, search, video and display, programmatic buying, retargeting opportunities, assets already available from the Client
- Provide critical & informed points of view on the application of new and emerging digital communication opportunities
- Take responsibility for the digital element of the local market planning, applying understanding of all different types of digital channels from display, search, mobile, social, programmatic etc
- Campaign management, analysis and reporting of campaigns with support of a planner
- Provide recommendations to optimize and adapt digital marketing according to data insights and analytics
- Manage, train and develop planning specialists assigned to the Client
- Be comfortable with coordinating work between countries and liaising with counterparts in local markets
SKILLS, BEHAVIOURS AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
- Proven experience in account management with demanding, possibly international clients
- Knowledge of media insight tools such as TGI, ComScore, Global Web Index etc.
- Knowledge of Adwords, Facebook and other Self Service tools is a plus
- Be enthusiastic and have knowledge on new & emerging digital communications opportunities
- Confident communicator with well-developed presentation, analysis and negotiation skills
- Great stress management skills
- Pro-active, inquisitive, with good attention to detail and an ability to interrogate data
- Be a team player but to also lead by example
- Excellent computer skills – especially Excel and PowerPoint