GroupM MENA | Associate Director, Programmatic (6 months Maternity cover)
The Mission & Objectives of the Role
The individual will play a key role in supporting and contributing to client and group programmatic strategy and explaining the disclosed programmatic offering, as well as the other GroupM operating model benefits such as Xaxis. The role will involve managing key relationships across GroupM, the agencies, and 3rd party suppliers, using resources from all three to achieve goals when needed.
Tasks in this role will include communicating and facilitating agency understanding of programmatic media buying and operations, helping to on-board new clients and brand safety strategies, with a main focus on commercial development, evangelising the benefits of programmatic in a relevant and meaningful way for clients that encourages them to shift budgets from manual buying to programmatic buying. A key aspect of the role will be to ensure operational saliency is met, to ensure end to end process control, of campaigns, with 100% commercial and client tracking.
The role will therefore be a very public-facing one, both internally at the agencies and potentially with clients too (although this will vary from client to client and will need to be established and agreed to avoid over-stretch) so requires energy and enthusiasm, as well as natural diplomacy and interpersonal skills, to bring about large-scale change that the disclosed PBU model entails.
This position reports directly to the Head of [m]PLATFORM Services,GroupM MENA
Evangelise Programmatic in agencies:
- Operate as a knowledge leader in the Programmatic/RTB space and be able to explain complex operational ideas simply
- Work closely with key stakeholders and representatives to evangelise programmatic offerings to agency and client alike
- Engage effectively with programmatic buying across digital, social, TV, OOH, mobile, and other emergent channels
- Help define, promote and comply with best practice throughout the programmatic process
Compare business models and benefits:
- Be able to explain and advise on the various programmatic offerings within [m]PLATFORM Services to ensure that clients are fully clear on the value proposition of each and their needs are correctly aligned with the appropriate solution
- Understand and advise on different 3rd party data sources and be able to explain top level differences in offering and how this translates to delivery
Build relevant collateral, tell client story and support client pitches:
- Work with a diverse range of clients, building relationships with key personnel to understand their needs and help them realize the translation of these requirements to the programmatic space
- Help build and then maintain strong collateral pieces relevant to the group, agencies, and clients
- Actively work on agency business pitches as required, particularly larger clients
- Support client presentations and pitches as necessary with advice, materials, fresh content and collateral
- Contribute to client on-boarding plans as necessary to ensure clients are established and set-up for success from the start
- Support as necessary all agency side staff to translate operational requirements into client side communications: Advise on ways to query client KPIs and conflicts in requirements
- Explain reporting KPIs in all systems we use
- Support client meetings and calls pre-and-post go-live
Campaign Control and Management:
- Ensure campaigns adhere to the quality assurance framework and follow pillar guidelines
- Conduct benchmark reporting and analysis on new client campaigns
- Ensure the team, produce, use and deliver suitable historical results & insight from reports
- Support management of viewability, quality, brand safety procedures per campaign e.g. Create and manage white and blacklists, recommend 3rd party verification where necessary
- Technical Services, support and troubleshooting – e.g. Correct tags are being used and creative displays ok, Troubleshoot pixel issues with publishers and internal teams.
- Produce commentary and interpretation to insight reports and present to agency (w/ Insight and Analytics)
- Working with technical partners and Programmatic staff to produce insights report as agreed at planning stage.
Strong technology and data understanding:
- Engage with our key technology, media and data partners to stay up to date on offerings and industry changes
- Understand and advise on all aspects of technology offerings and the brand safety landscape: act as specialist on brand safety, content verification, and view ability tool capabilities
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably with a concentration in advertising, marketing, business administration, and communications.
- Good understanding of programmatic technology and data landscape.
- Strong commercial awareness of the programmatic landscape.
- Confident in describing technical solutions; evidence of technical comfort and strong understanding of internet functionality.
- Strong background in client-facing roles.
- Meticulous and detail-oriented.
- Former agency and or trading desk experience but also digital experience in an agency holding company / trading desk / network is relevant.
- Proven track record in establishing high levels of customer satisfaction.
- Good understanding of campaign optimization practices and variables.
GroupM is the parent company to WPP’s media agencies including Mindshare, Mediacom, Wavemaker and Xaxis. Our primary purpose is to maximize the performance of the agencies on behalf of our clients, our shareholders and our people by operating as a parent and collaborator in performance-enhancing activities such as trading, content creation, sports, digital, finance, talent, proprietary tool development and other business-critical capabilities. The agencies that comprise GroupM are all global operations in their own right with leading market positions.
The focus of GroupM is the intelligent application of physical and intellectual scale to benefit trading, innovation, and new communication services, to bring competitive advantage to our clients and our companies.