APAC - Singapore/Hong Kong: Trading Strategist – General Manager
Singapore/Hong Kong: Trading Strategist – General Manager
GroupM is an equal opportunity employer. We are keen to encourage our workforce to explore the breadth of our business from roles and vertical expertise through to regional travels to truly see the differences in the global way we trade. This role is a great opportunity for someone who is keen to explore a new opportunity in another country. Singapore/Hong Kong are wonderful places to appreciate our business in all its glory. Working with the world’s number one media investment business means you will have access to some of the finest minds and the best traders worldwide. If you have a good level of trading experience and are keen to see new climes then please get in touch with firstname.lastname@example.org
Overview of role:
The management of the China Trading strategy and value for clients
The Trading strategist will be responsible for the overall leadership, management and articulation of the groups trading strategy to clients in a simple, pitch winning and modern manner, both in terms of the external story to clients and also the internal story to our Agency investment teams around Vendor strategy, working closely with all the Trading specialists.
The role will be actively supported by and report to the China Trading MD Andy Niblett.
- Creation and management of the overall client facing Trading strategy story to clients
- Creation & management of the Vendor preferred supplier strategy for Agencies
- Lead and manage the creation of an overall client buying book for China in terms of reporting all client KPIs
- Work with the Client Accountability leads and the agency investment heads on the communication of the Trading strategy directly to a portfolio of GroupM clients
- Establish the overall group media auditor relationships within China, working closely with the regional and global teams
- For all key China pitches consolidate all the value creating initiatives for a client into one overall strategy and story to win the business
Key Skills and Knowledge:
- 10+ years of relevant local market trading experience, including digital trading
- More than 7 years’ trading experience as senior manager and/or management local Trading role
- Excellent English verbal and written communication skills (Mandarin speaker not essential, but will help)
- An interest in technology and data as they will become central to our business.
- Focus on digital, but ideally a familiarity with all media
- Significant experience at all levels of agency-media relationships
- A sensitivity and understanding of local business culture and practices.
- Excellent analytical / problem solving skills with the patience to examine detail and create solutions.
- Experience of successful change management.
- High “emotional intelligence and awareness” and therefore able to manage self and others in a constructive manner, always with a talent mindset.
- Experience of creating and embedding a value based culture.
- Collaborative and astute - able to build trust and respect within the network.
- A willingness to develop connections within the business community.
GroupM is an equal opportunity employer. We view every individual as exactly that, individual. We hire despite peoples differences, not because of them. We understand that inclusion is more than just diversity. We celebrate the fact that everyone is unique. That’s what makes us so good at what we do. At GroupM we pride ourselves on being a company that can truly represent the global clients we work with.
If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you can email us via TalentTeam.UK@GroupM.com.