Paid Search Senior Planner - Merlin, Richemont, Tempur, Revlon, CollectPlus, GOSH
Overview of job
Responsible for leading the day to day planning, management, optimisation and reporting of paid search accounts to deliver client growth, and efficiency targets.
The Senior Search Planner Buyer will be self-motivated, and able to manage their and their direct reports’ time effectively. They will be operationally proficient, and have advanced knowledge of search principles and how the market operates.
They will also have good knowledge of other digital media channels and how they fit within the overall media/marketing mix.
Reporting of the role
This role reports to the Team Manager who heads up the team.
3 best things about the job:
1. The opportunity to work on a range of exciting brands: Richemont (including brands like Montblanc and Cartier), Tempur, Merlin Entertainment, Revlon/Elizabeth Arden, CollectPlus
2. An opportunity to develop an in-depth understanding of how paid search works in conjunction with other channels as part of a connected communications approach, whilst being creative in the paid search space
3. A multicultural, talented team supporting each other in implementing best-in-class campaigns, and has fun along the way.
Measures of success –
In three months, you would have:
• Become the day to day lead for clients as well as internal stakeholders
• Overseen the workflow from reporting, over regular communication, to operational effectiveness
In six months, you would have:
• Proposed short and long term projects to develop the search accounts and deliver improved performance.
• Worked closely with the Planning and Connect departments to deliver fully integrated media plans and client brief responses.
In 12 months, you would have:
• A complete understanding of the clients’ businesses and the ability to shape search strategy according to both, business needs and the market as a whole.
• Become an extension of the clients’ digital teams, providing added value across paid search and beyond.
Responsibilities of the role:
• Support the team lead with search insights, tests and innovation.
• Share learnings and best practice with the immediate and wider search team.
External and Internal Communication
• Leading the day to day communication (such as weekly calls and meetings) with the clients, media owners and internal teams (such as the client planning teams) with the guidance of the team lead.
Search Experience and Knowledge
• In-depth paid search specialist experience.
• Excellent direct response experience with an understanding of brand awareness.
• Up-to-date with Google AdWords and Bing Ads platforms.
• Know how to create, work to, and forecast accurate media plans.
• Strong budget management and financial admin knowledge.
• Highly analytical
• Advanced knowledge of data interpretation and insights generation
• Proficient in managing campaigns from brief to post campaign analysis
Technology and Systems
• Knowledge of conversion tracking systems such as DoubleClick Search.
• Keen to improve knowledge across automated account management systems and processes (such as ad copy changes, bid management).
What you will need:
• Detailed knowledge about granular account optimisation in line with KPIs
• Ability to give account recommendations, from quick wins to long term projects
• A keen interest in understanding the client’s business and the challenges they face
• Accurate, clear and concise communication (written and verbal)
• Experience with working across multiple products and search accounts
• Previous experience with direct response/brand awareness clients
• Experience in handling the financial side of account management
• Effective delegation and escalation
• High attention to detail
• Passionate about all things digital, and keen to learn
• A real team player
• Positive and proactive attitude
*Although we cannot make guarantees, we welcome conversations about flexible working for all roles at MediaCom London*
The MediaCom Investment team sits at the heart of the agency and is responsible for investing our clients’ money in the right media channels, at the right time, targeting the right people.
As a specialist investment unit we know how important it is to spend this money wisely and we have many bespoke tech and data systems to help us deliver on any client brief or objective, via our dedicated tech and data teams.
Our work centres around trading best-in-class deals across traditional media channels such as Audio Visual, Publishing, Out of Home and Cinema; while our digital team plan and execute award-winning campaigns on Paid Search, Paid Social, Affiliate Marketing and Programmatic Display. All of this is supported by our highly trained Ops teams, ensuring we deliver operational excellence.
It is our role to ensure that every buy is as valuable as possible for any given client and that they are made in the context of our wider trading objectives. All this must be delivered, whilst never losing sight of the importance of neutral planning and delivering client objectives but still delivering to deals and audit guarantees. It is a delicate balancing act which requires great commercial nuance and intelligent negotiation skills.
MediaCom is “The Content + Connections Agency”, working on behalf of its clients to leverage their brands’ entire system of communications across paid, owned and earned channels to step change their business outcomes.
Employing over 1,200 staff across 5 regional offices, MediaCom is the leading agency in the UK in terms of billings. Its client roster includes British Sky Broadcasting, DFS, GlaxoSmithKline, Tesco and Cancer Research UK.
Our people are at the heart of everything we do; we firmly believe in our “People First, Better Results” philosophy and want to be certain that work is always challenging, engaging and satisfying. We aim to ensure that that our employees’ skills are constantly evolving, and so provide all MediaCom staff with training and development and regular appraisals to enhance their performances and guarantee great results for them and the company.
We also strive to change traditional attitudes to workplace culture by offering a more holistic view of employees' aspirations. There are numerous initiatives for MediaCommers to take part in, from the Social Club to Mindfulness Training, to help ensure that our employees thoroughly enjoy their experience here.
We aim to be the only agency that talented people want to work for. We do this, not only by stimulating and challenging our people through great work and outstanding clients, but by providing a variety of learning programs, cultural initiatives and an exciting environment to invigorate our employees personal and professional career development.
MediaCom was named Campaign’s Agency of the Decade and received top marks in its 2016 School Report.
MediaCom is a member of WPP, the world's largest marketing communications services group, and part of GroupM, WPP’s consolidated media investment management arm.
To find out more about MediaCom visit us here: www.mediacom.co.uk
Follow us on Twitter: www.twitter.com/MediaComUK
Follow us on Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/mediacomuk/?hl=en
GroupM is an equal opportunity employer. We view every individual as exactly that, individual. We hire despite peoples differences, not because of them. We understand that inclusion is more than just diversity. We celebrate the fact that everyone is unique. That’s what makes us so good at what we do. At GroupM we pride ourselves on being a company that can truly represent the global clients we work with.
If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you can email us via firstname.lastname@example.org.