Management Accountant - Part Qualified
GroupM is the leading global media investment management operation serving as the parent company to WPP media agencies including Mindshare, Wavemaker and MediaCom, each global operations in their own right with leading market positions. GroupM’s primary purpose is to maximize performance of WPP’s media agencies by operating as leader and collaborator in trading, content creation, sports, digital, finance, proprietary tool development and other business-critical capabilities. GroupM’s focus is to deliver unrivalled marketplace advantage to its clients, stakeholders and people. Discover more about GroupM at www.groupm.com.
The Role Objective
The main purpose of the role is to prepare the monthly management accounts for reporting to both GroupM management and WPP group (EMEA). This requires detailed variance analysis and exception reporting. A key component of this role is to ensure salaries reporting is completed on a timely basis. This demands complete confidentiality due to the sensitive nature of subject matter. The role will liaise closely with Payroll department to ensure that salaries are processed accurately on a monthly basis and are accounted for within the ledger system.
Month-end process/Year end & variance analysis
- Calculation of accruals & prepayments of income, costs and inter-company, using IFRS principles. Prepare and post journals
- Prepare monthly Management Accounts reconciled to TB
- Monthly variance analysis (by comparing to budget/forecast) and exception reporting
- Monthly & quarterly balance sheet reconciliations / ensure that all salary control accounts are reconciled monthly
- Action any queries post month-end; i.e AP mis-posting etc.
- Reconciliation of monthly payroll to rolling budget
- Reporting of headcount to gross salaries on a monthly basis
- Run revenue reports and prepare variance analysis for the PBU team prio to the PBU team’s monthly presentation
- Consolidating all reports/P&L and reconciling the retained earnings
- Assist with the SOX and year-end audit by providing all relevant information to the auditors
Group / WPP reporting
- Upload and publish internal, management & external TB’s into Cartesis
- Liaise with EMEA to resolve reporting queries
- Submit commentaries to EMEA on a monthly basis
- Deal with EMEA’s new reporting requirements
- Prepare and submit quarterly packages (CSR. Client profitability, Letter of rep and questionnaire, Local books to Cartesis, Other assets and liabilities, deferred revenue)
- Prepare and submit the year-end packages
Annual budgeting & rolling forecast
- Collecting inputs from department heads to feed into the rolling forecast and annual budgeting processes
- Supporting Finance Manager with the preparation of the annual budgets
- Business partnering through engagement with business on a regular basis including face-to-face meetings
- Adding value to operational teams through analysis, reporting etc.
Other and periodic
- Ensuring compliance with company policies and SOX requirements
- Continuously reviewing current processes and making improvements to allow better control or improved efficiencies
- Quarterly VAT returns/deal with VAT queries
- Prepare the P11D and PSA submission
- Assist with the P11D auto-enrolement
- Authorize payments
- Dealing with Finance Plus on ad hoc queries
- Ad hoc projects as directed by FC / FD / FM
Skills and Behaviours
- Experience working with DDS / Media Ocean
- Experience working with Cartesis / BFC
- Part qualified accountant or equivalent (e.g. CIMA, ACA, ACCA)
- Intermediate / advance level of Excel
- Organized with good attention to detail
- Quick to learn and adaptable to changing work allocation and able to prioritise workload to meet challenging deadlines
- Strong analytical and reconciliation skills
- Strong communication & relationship building skills
- Enthusiastic with a can do attitude
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
GroupM is an equal opportunity employer. We view every individual as exactly that, individual. We hire despite peoples differences, not because of them. We understand that inclusion is more than just diversity. We celebrate the fact that everyone is unique. That’s what makes us so good at what we do. At GroupM we pride ourselves on being a company that can truly represent the global clients we work with.
If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you can email us via TalentTeam.UK@GroupM.com.