MediaCom | Offline Media Planner
We are The Content + Connections Agency transforming your communications through systems thinking.
MediaCom is one of the world’s leading media agencies. We plan and buy media for our clients around the world. Our network comprises 5,800 employees in 122 offices in 97 countries around the world.
In Italy are offices are located in Milan, Florence and Rome.
MediaCom has always positioned itself as a visionary partner for our clients, challenging them by honing in on groundbreaking, commercial ideas based on in-depth insights and marketplace knowledge. Mediacom forms part of GroupM, WPP’s combined media agencies and the world’s largest media investment management organization.
Our strong competences encompass advertising, sponsorship, offline and online, direct response, search, social networking, word of mouth and many other communications routes.
We believe that the most effective communication strategies are rooted in a deep understanding of the way consumers think and act. To gain real consumer insight, we constantly encourage our teams to be naturally curious about their target market's lives.
Working in the media industry never gets boring! Our aim is to hire people who take their job seriously, but do not take themselves too seriously.
SCOPE OF THE ROLE
The candidate will be in charge of producing effective offline media plans, based on media objectives and given a specific budget. He/she will follow the process starting from competitive analysis, through selection of channels and vehicles, optimization of scheduling, booking to uploading on administration tools and post analysis
He/she will convincingly and methodologically build solutions to client’s problems and be able to tap into company resources and demonstrate best use of it.
- Work with the team for the day-to-day running of the account, ensuring that tasks are completed on time
- Complete plans and projects on behalf of clients with mentoring by the Team Manager
- Conduct buy brief meetings with internal groups
- Assist with and oversee all media administrative duties including campaign set-up, maintenance and issue accurate client financial reports, with a high degree of accuracy
DESIRED EXPERIENCE, EDUCATION AND TECHNICAL COMPETENCES
- 2-5 years of experience as offline media planner with a particular focus on TV campaigns
- Preferably University degree or Diploma in Economics or Advertising
- Highly skilled at preparing a consistent media plan, considering all requirements and a budget
- Able to use all industry tools with proficiency
- Excellent written and verbal Italian and English language skills
SKILLS AND BEHAVIOURS
- An interest in and thorough knowledge of all media opportunities
- A team player with excellent communication skills
- Numerical and analytical skills.
- Versed in all aspects of media planning and buying across all media.
- Able to set and meet multiple demands within time deadlines
- Ability to delegate and share in the workload as a team member
CONTRACT AND SALARY PACKAGE
Contract and salary package will be defined based on candidate’s experience and expertise